Marking Period 2 Updates
Pyramid of Success
- LOYALTY: Monica Curry & Joey Delaney
- SELF-CONTROL: Ella Platt & Molly Boyle
- ALERTNESS: Shane Dunbar & Gabrielle Rovetto
- INITIATIVE: Larry Leve & Erin King
- INTENTNESS: Brianna Sinche & Juliette Miller
Two students were also recognized for demonstrating the quality of OWNERSHIP from the Freshman Academy ROCK mantra.
- Hannah Evers & Tyler Costa
In addition to the award ceremony, Mr. Byrne spoke with the students about the importance of being intentional with our words and actions because they can be difficult to take back.
To illustrate this concept, the students were asked to participate in two timed competitions:
(1) who could squeeze toothpaste out of a tube the fastest
(2) who could put the toothpaste back into the tube
Needless to say, the latter proved to be the most difficult, mirroring how words and actions cannot be taken back so easily.
Winter Pep Rally
The Freshmen represented their class well in all activities!
Poetry Out Loud
An astounding 31 of the 60 students represented the Freshman class. They earned 5 honorable mentions with one student receiving the 3rd place medal for VTHS:
3rd place: Uriah Sacdlan - "Siren Song"
- Leilani Alicea - "The Lamb:
- Juliette Jalbert - "Dirge Without Music"
- Caitlyn Jensen - "The Glories of Our Blood and State"
- Liam Kelter - "Grief"
- Thomas Kimball - "Truth Is, I Would Like to Escape Myself"
Way to go Freshman Academy!
On the Lookout
- Marking Period 2 ends Monday, January 30, 2023
- Midterms begin Monday, January, 30 (please see linked ==> schedule)
- Peer Tutoring is available through the National Honor Society
--take advantage of this opportunity to prepare for midterms during your lunch block!
- Wednesday, Feb. 8 - Tri-M Music Honor Society Induction Ceremony
- Friday, Feb. 10 - Broadway Night
- Saturday, Feb. 11 - Colors of Excellence Valentine's Dance