Mrs. Lamparter's Class
September 19, 2014
Jackson Rogers was our Star of the Week and we loved seeing his cool butterfly specimen. Happy Birthday to Camden who turned 6 last Sunday!
Fall conferences start next week. Students will have early dismissal at 12:15 p.m. on Wednesday, September 24th and Thursday, September 25th. We will eat lunch at 9:30 a.m. on both days so students will not need a snack. No slushies will be sold on Thursday. I am so excited to share your child's progress with you during conferences!
The Book Fair is at Craig Elementary. Our shopping day is Tuesday, September 23rd at 12:00 p.m. You are welcome to join your child to shop or you can send in money for them to spend. The Book Fair will be open during conferences.
Don't forget to READ and RECORD your minutes for our Mega Minute challenge.
- Focusing on letter sounds w, ng, v, oo, and y in our Jolly Phonics program
- Writing our name correctly with correct upper and lowercase letters
- Recognizing and reading color words
- Blending sounds to make words
- Working on recognizing rhyming words
- Focusing on features of print
- Establishing routines for Reading workshop
- Building stamina for Read to Someone
- Choosing a topic during Writing Workshop and adding details to our story
- Using oral language to relate experiences, expand vocabulary, and interact socially
READ and RECORD so we can REWARD!!
- Setting up routines for Math Workshop- BUILD
Using math manipulatives to learn about shapes and numbers
Daily calendar math
Working on counting and 1-1 correspondence
Working on describing and comparing 2D shapes and 3D shapes in our environment
Composing shapes to make larger shapes
Using positional words to describe the location of a shape
Learning to write numbers 1-10 correctly
Using number talks to explain our Math thinking
SCIENCE & SOCIAL STUDIES
We are working on:
- Describing our roles and responsibilities towards ourselves and others
- Recognizing similariities and differences between self and other students
- Learning about where we live in our world- students need to know their continent- North America, country-United States of America, state- Georgia, county- Gwinnett, city- Lawrenceville, Snellville, Duluth, or Monroe, and then their street address.
- Learning about and describing our five senses.
Craig Character Award
- I sent a hard copy of my conference schedule home today and look forward to meeting with all my parents.
- The Book Fair is here and will be open during conferences.
- Read any 3 books and return the Gladiators Hat Trick form to me by October 3rd to earn a free ticket to a November game.