Monthly School Newsletter
Student Handbook Acknowledgement Page
Turn them In!
During the first full week of school, your student should have brought home the Student Handbook Acknowledgment Page. Please be sure to sign those and send them back. Students should turn this signed document in to their advisory teacher. Parents all earn 1hr of Parent Participation time just for turning this in! By signing the document, you are acknowledging that you reviewed our student handbook with your student. It is important to us that our parents understand our policies and procedures so we can be the best educational partners possible for our students!
Please Complete This!
Please fill out the Local Control Funding Formula (LCFF) application. This is an education benefit form that supports students in our district in the following ways:
- Pandemic EBT Card - you can receive groceries for your student(s)
- School Funding - Our school will receive extra funding for curriculum and field trips
- Affordable Connectivity Program - you can receive discounts on internet access and funds towards a new computer
- College Applications - discounted fees associated with college application processes
You only need to complete ONE application per household. If you have not yet done this, please do it now. It only take a few minutes to complete but the benefits to you and all of our students is HUGE!
Here is the link: LCFF Application
It was a HUGE Success!
Huge shoutout to Student Senator, Anabel R. for coordinating this year's Advisory Olympics. Despite the little bit of rain in the beginning, the event was perfect! All of the advisories and their advising teachers participated in activities where they had to use their Learning Outcome skills to win in each event.
Back To School Night
Don't Miss this Event! - Back To School Night!
Come to Back To School Night so you can:
- Meet ALL of your child's teachers
- Collect Course Syllabi for every class so you know what your child will be learning, and what the expectations of each course are.
- Follow your child's schedule and see all of their learning spaces
- Join the PTSA! - if you haven't joined yet, you can do it at Back To School Night
- Earn 2 hours of participation time
We encourage ALL of our families to attend Back To School Night. The more we partner around your child's education, the more successful they will be at our school. Come and see what we are doing at New Tech!
Thursday, Sep 7, 2023, 05:30 PM
1400 Dickson Street, Sacramento, CA, USA
Join us at the PTSA General Meeting
Wednesday, Sep 20, 2023, 06:00 PM
1400 Dickson Street, Sacramento, CA, USA
Parent Participation Opportunities this Month!
30 hours of Parent Participation may seem like a lot, but it goes by really fast and its easier than you think. We want our parents to be involved in their child's education and we also want to be partners with you for the best possible outcome for all of our students. This is why we ask ALL of our families to volunteer and.or donate to fulfill 30 hours of participation time per year. For the month of September, here's how you can earn your time.
- Join the PTSA - you get 1 hour per family member who joins!
- Attend Back to School Night - 2 hour for 1.5 hours of your time
- Attend the PTSA Meeting - 1 hour
- Donate to Stock the Staffroom - 1 hour for every $10 (please provide receipts)
- Come and observe your student in class (we welcome parents to come and see what their child is doing in classes) - time equivalent
- Parent/Teacher meetings - if you have a meeting with any school personnel, be sure to document it, it counts!
- Refer a student, if they enroll at New Tech, you get ALL 30 hours!
Each time you donate your time or resources to the school, be sure you complete our Parent Participation form in the front office so we can count your time!
Stock the Staffroom!
Help us out if you can!
Every month, Principal Martin decorates the staff room in a monthly theme. This month's theme is Apples because September is National Apple Month! We want to make sure our teachers have a nice, clean, fully stocked staff lounge so they can power through each day with our students.
Teachers only get 30 minutes lunch breaks, and 3 minute passing periods. This makes it really tough to go off campus for food.
To help out, we ask our parents to donate items to stock the staff room. If you donate, please be sure to bring your receipts so we can credit your participation time.
We are always in need of the following items:
- K-Pod coffee pods for our Keurig Machines
- Coffee Creamers
- Bottled Water
- LaCroux (or similar) seltzer water
- Diet Soda (favorites are Mt Dew and Dr. Pepper)
- Individually wrapped snacks (chips, nuts, crackers, etc)
Thank you in advance for helping us take care of our teachers and staff!
Student of the Week
Starts in September!
Each week for the rest of the school year, we will select one Timberwolf to be the Student of the Week! Throughout the week, teachers and school staff will nominate students who they think have shown exemplary or improved in our Learning Outcomes. On Friday, of all the nominated students, one lucky student will be selected randomly as the Student of the Week. The student of the week also earns a prize!
Attending School EVERYDAY is so Important!
In the 2020-21 school year, at least 10.1 million students nationwide were chronically absent. We estimate chronic absence has more than doubled from the more than 8 million students, pre-Covid-19, who were missing so many days of school that they were academically at risk. Chronic absence — missing 10 percent or more of school days due to absence for any reason—excused, unexcused absences and suspensions—can translate into students having difficulty learning to read by the third-grade, achieving in middle school, and graduating from high school.