Week of November 30, 2015
The vision of Rasor Elementary is to inspire our students to be lifelong learners and empower them to meet the challenges of the future, adapt to change, and exercise critical judgement, becoming global citizens capable of utilizing tomorrow's resources and technology responsibly.
Motto: Educate for success, inspiring excellence.
IMPORTANT REMINDERS and Information
- Keep writing those spotlights and Good books...
- If you drink coffee, please bring in a large container and/or $10.
- Encourage the students to be reading for the million minute campaign
- Be proactive vs. reactive...what are you doing to continue to build family in your classroom environment?
- Please make sure to turn your attendance in on time.
- Please join PTA...https://rasorpta.membershiptoolkit.com/
- Please continue to submit names to Brandi of students who would benefit from Food For Kids
- Please remember to check the Angel Tree in the lounge. Matching numbers on the tags means those students are siblings.
- Here is the link for the Thanksgiving Survey...it's a wonderful read.
Calendar for the month of December
- Monday, November 30 - Data Meetings
- Tuesday, December 1 - Team Meetings
- Wednesday, December 2 - Zack and Staci out first half of day
- Wednesday, December 2 - Vertical Team Planning (5th/4th, 3rd/2nd, 1st/K)
- Thursday, December 3 - Team Leader Meetings (Read 1st Two Chapters)
- Friday, December 4 - RAH
- Monday, December 7 - Vertical Meetings
- Tuesday, December 8 - Team Meetings
- Wednesday, December 9 - Staci out
- Thursday, December 10 - Spelling Bee 8:15 am
- Friday, December 11 - RAH
- Monday, December 14 - Data Meetings
- Tuesday, December 15 - Team Meetings
- Thursday, December 17 - Staff Meeting
- Friday, December 18 - Assembly 7:50
- Friday, December 18 - Early Release
Important Information for Teachers Who Tutor for Pay
· A teacher may not privately tutor his/her own students for pay, and he/she may not use the school facilities for that purpose.
· District resources and materials may not be utilized for private tutoring.
· A tutor is not allowed to request assignments or any other information from the student’s teacher without written parent consent. The policy recommends that the information be shared directly with the parents, who can communicate that information to the tutor.
More information can be found at: http://pol.tasb.org/Policy/Download/312?filename=DBD(REGULATION).pdf
The Forman Elementary School PTA will be having their first Holiday Bazaar on December 3, 2015. If you would like to make some extra money for the holidays and you have some crafts that you would like to sell, please consider renting a booth for this event. We will be renting booths for a $25 donation to the Forman Elementary School PTA. The Holiday Bazaar will be held inside the school in the gymnasium. There will be many people shopping for that unique gift for that special someone. So if you have the talent and can make Jewelry, Décor, Crocheted Crafts, Knitten Crafts, Wood crafts, Art, etc...this would be the perfect opportunity and place to sell your unique gifts just in time for the holidays. If you would like to rent a booth for this event, please contact Norma Jones at 469-752-1274 to reserve a booth.
Resources for teachers - Interesting articles this week
- 6 tips for creating effective student groups
- Understanding Formative Assessment
- 15 Best organization apps for teachers
- Edutopia article - 8 Wishes for My 3 Year Old About The Future of Education
- Personalizing Learning for All Students
- 10 Examples & 10 Non-Examples of Differentiated Instruction
- Talking Less: Shocking Stats On What Students Can Hear
- Every Kid Needs a Champion - Ted Talk Video