Patterson Elementary Announcements
Aug. 9 2022 It's almost time!!!
Your Patterson Office Team and PTA
Meet and Greet your Teachers
Monday, Aug. 15th, 2:30pm
3731 Lawrence Drive
PTA event after Meet and Greet! August 15th NEW TIME **3:30-4:30 PM ** on the blacktop
Yearbook distribution and signing will take place on the blacktop after the teacher meet n greet for those students that ordered yearbooks last year. Please bring a pen or marker to sign yearbooks with your friends. Last year's 5th graders will receive information about yearbook pickup and signing for their class via email.
Please note: Patterson will be closed during the PTA Event. Patterson staff will be unavailable to sign yearbooks. Yearbooks are not available for purchase at this time.
Questions? email email@example.com
Welcome to Patterson Elementary for the 2022-2023 School Year!
- We are so excited to welcome you back "In the Burrow" for the 2022-2023 school year. "In the Burrow" is our theme for the school year. We cannot wait to see all of our returning students and meet all of our new prairie dogs!
- You may log into ParentVue anytime after Friday 8/12/2021 at 4:00pm to see your child's assigned teacher for the school year.
MEET AND GREET:
- We will also be holding an optional Meet 'n Greet on Monday, August 15th at 2:30pm. This is a great opportunity for your child to find their classroom and meet their teacher. You may also drop off school supplies during Meet 'n' Greet. If you ordered school supplies through the PTA, they will be delivered to your child's classroom for Meet 'n' Greet.
FIRST DAY & K ORIENTATION
- Our first official day of school is Thursday, August 18th for all 1st-5th graders.
- Students will enter the building upon arrival between 8:50-9:05am. The bell rings to start the day at 9:05am. Masks are optional.
- Kindergarten students will have a 1-hour orientation on this day. This orientation is for the kindergarten student and their parent/guardian. Please look below for your scheduled time designated by last name:
Kindergarten Orientation 8/18/2022
- 9:15-10:15 A-F
- 10:30-11:30 G-M
- 11:55-12:55 N-Z
- Save the date for our in-person curriculum night: August 24th 6:30-8:00pm. This event is for parents. It is an opportunity to learn about the curriculum that your child will be taught this school year.
Again, we are so excited to welcome you all on the first day of school!
Michele Frost, Principal
Michelle Hebenstreit, Student Service Coordinator
Here is the kindergarten presentation for the 2022-2023 school year.
Information regarding School Meals
Meal payments are done through Pushcoin. Use this link to find information on how to pay for meals: https://www.ipsd.org/Subpage.aspx/FeeWaivers
Visit this site to apply for fee waivers: https://www.ipsd.org/Subpage.aspx/FeeWaivers
To access menus, click here and select Patterson : https://ipsd.nutrislice.com/menu/
More information about school meals in district can be found on the district website or through this link: https://www.ipsd.org/Subpage.aspx/FoodServices
New Staff at Patterson
Please Welcome the Following New Staff to the Patterson Team:Johnnie Lander- Special Education Teacher in RISE
Kelly Pearn- Special Education Teacher in RISE
Stephanie Cowan- New .5 Special Education Teacher shared with Clow Elem.
Lydia "Taylor" Lopez- additional .5 Social Worker shared with STEPS
Marissa Papp- Social Work Intern who will be working with Ms. Coffey
Abbie Teeling- RISE Speech and Language Pathologist
Liana Arredondo- RISE Speech and Language Pathologist
Samantha Barrett- RISE BCBA
Victoria Hoffman- Occupational Therapist
Abbie Houillon- New 2nd grade teacher
Important Patterson Dates
Summer Office Hours - M-Tr 9:00 am-3:00 pm. Closed on Fridays.
Aug. 8 - Office Hours Resume 8:00am-4:00pm
Aug. 12th- Teacher assignments available in Parentvue at 4pm
Aug. 15 - Patterson Meet and Greet 2:30-3:30 inside the building AND PTA Meet n Greet with popsicles on the blacktop / MPR and yearbook signing 3:30-4:30. It's open house style, come any time
Aug. 18 - First Day of School for 1st-5th graders; Kindergarten Orientation
Aug. 19 - First full day for Kindergarten
AUG. 24 - CURRICULUM NIGHT - 6:30 - 8:00 pm for parents only
Bus Routes/ Stop Information
*Please note Kindergarteners will NOT ride the bus until thier first full day of school, Friday, August 19th.
*To access bus routes, log into ParentVue. Select "Student Info." and scroll all the way down to find "Transportation Information"
Questions, please email or call the office or Michelle Hebenstreit, Student Service Coordinator
8:50am Doors Open
9:05 School Begins
As in years past, we will follow a late start on Wednesday mornings so staff can engage in professional development. This late start delays both school drop off and morning bus schedules. It does not affect dismissal times.
9:00 am Doors Open
9:15am School Begins
3:35pm Dismissal each day
Please review the arrival/dismissal plan here: This year, we will resume lining up in the gym for car line dismissal. Each family will receive a car number. Car numbers will be available for pick up in your child's classroom at Meet and Greet. Car numbers should be clearly posted in your front window during arrival and dismissal so staff can clearly see them to ensure quick pick up and drop off.
*For safety and security, students and students only are to enter the building immediately upon arrival to school. There are staff inside and outside the building to help assist students in finding their way to class. Thank you!
You may bring supplies on the Meet 'n' Greet or the first day of school.
Students in grades 3-5 will need an assignment notebook for next year. Purchase by clicking this button. Assignment notebooks will be delivered to classrooms in August. Questions? email firstname.lastname@example.org
LMC News! IMPORTANT INFORMATION!
**important information regarding Chromebooks for the start of school:
- Please make sure your Chromebook is completely charged for the first day of school. Please do NOT bring your chargers to school. They are to be only used at home.
- There is no tech help until the first day of school. Our tech department/LMC will help with any issues once school has started.
VOLUNTEERS WANTED!! IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN VOLUNTEERING IN THE LMC THIS YEAR, PLEASE SEND A QUICK EMAIL. WE WILL ALSO HAVE A SIGN UP AT MEET/GREET WITH THE PTA.
See you soon! Mrs. Maly
Little Free Library!! TAKE A BOOK. SHARE A BOOK.
LFL is shared around the world with over 100+ countries, and over 125,000 libraries around the world. Patterson is now on the map with ours! We have our own charter number, and is officially registered.
Most importantly, our LFL is dedicated and in memory of Grace Dudich. Grace was a lover of books and an avid reader. Thank you to the Dudich Family for your generous gift to have this wonderful place for readers of all ages.
take a book - share a book
Mrs. Maly, LMC Director
PTA and the LMC need volunteers! If you are interested in volunteering, please click here and sign up! PTA volunteers must be PTA members.