Team News 2.17
Daring Greatly in Faith, Academics, & Service for SMCS
Week 7 of 2020. YOU GOT THIS.
Reminders and Updates
- The priority this week: Get your ER sub plans to the office.
Reminder tomororw, 11:30AM to 1PM, HFF Board Meeting in our Library. Please do not interrupt.
Cheer on our middle schoolers presenting their Shark Tank projects this week. Mrs. V will have a display for you all to check it out next week.
ALL SCHOOL MASS on Sunday the 23rd---1st and 2nd Grade. Please have your readers selected by end of the day and please contact parents. Send me the list of your assignments by Wednesday AM.
- DUE March 2: Campus Assessment Feedback. EVERYONE needs to complete this.
- Ms. Salazar out all day Friday for Principals Retreat, if you need anything signed or looked at before then, please get to me ASAP.
- LOOKING AHEAD-- Our Early Release on 2/28/2020 is for you. Half day for you to go out and do what you need. No programing on our end. Leave after your dismissal duties are done!!
Please keep ER sub plans in office
We need your help as flu season swings through. By Monday of next week, please have an emergency subfolder for us at the front office. We will keep these at the front desk.
- Class seating chart
- Class roster with listing of how students get home (Carline or Walk Up)
- Your schedule including duties: take lunch count, attendance, etc.
- Need to know health record--epi pens, inhalers, etc.
- At least 3 full days of lesson plans that could be used anytime (i.e. an ELA lesson--use spelling words to write a story and then illustrate it. Spiral Math Reviews ---skills needing mastery like times tables, etc. Guidance lessons, etc.)
Teachers pays Teachers has great templates if you want forms or something snazzy. Or you can just put these items in a folder for us. If you have cheat sheet template, please share it with us!
This Week's Scheduled Interruptions/Off Campus/Subbing
Please remember to email your club students at least 24 hours in advance (if feasible) if you are going to be absent. If families need ASC due to club cancellation, we will not charge until 4:15PM.
- 8:15AM, Mrs. Ortiz and Salazar in 8th Grade Grad meeting, Ms. Julie to sub
- 11:30AM to 1PM, HFF Board Meeting in our Library. Please do not interrupt.
- Mrs. Gagne, Title 1, out at 2PM
- Coach Garcia out for AD meeting at 1:30PM, Ms. Salazar to sub.
- Ms. Sheila out at 11:30AM, Ms. Vilma to sub
All School Mass, 11AM, please be there! Tacos for sale in cafeteria after, free for teachers!
- Ms. Salazar out for principals retreat.
If it's not on here, I overlooked your request or did not receive one. Please review carefully and let me know ASAP.
****Please remember to secure your OWN sub for any duties---lunch, morning, etc---that will be unstaffed due to your absence.*******
FEBRUARY Mass Information
Feb 21 2nd grade
Feb. 23 ALL SCHOOL MASS SPONSORED BY 1st Grade and 2nd Grade
Feb 26 1st grade *Ash Wednesday, No Mass on Friday---Will schedule Reconciliation.
Friday School Mass Positions to Secure BY TUESDAY OF THE MASS WEEK.
1) First Reader
2) Psalm Reader
3) Gift Bearers (3)
All School Sunday Mass Positions to Secure BY TUESDAY of the Mass Week. Email and confirm with Admin and Parents, Please!
1) First Reader
2) Second Reader
3) Gift Bearers (4)
4) Servers (2)--Secure with Mrs. Ortiz
Please always confirm readers and begin practicing with them by Tuesday. Please email your assignments to Ms. Cortez and Ms. Salazar by Wednesday.
Cheat Sheets for Parents and Students for Sunday Mass--Coming SOON!
2020 Duty Schedule
Report Card Quarter 3: Grades and Skill Sets due by March 17 at 7PM.
Progress Report Quarter 4: Grades complete by Sunday, April 19.
8th Grade Report Card: Grades complete by May 22.
Kinder to 7th Grade: Take grades and complete until May 29.
SHOUT OUTS, Special KUDOS this Past Week
- I saw TONS. What did you see? Can you send me gratitude for your colleagues this week?
- SO MUCH MORE GRATITUDE---all the little things you do each minute that never go noticed publicly and keep us glued together and firmly rooted in CHRIST.
I NEED YOUR HELP! I don't see everything on campus. At least every other week, could you text me or email me or tell me in the hall, something awesome one our team members did? I'd like to make it public.