Sept. 4, 2019
Week At A Glance
9/6 Football Game @ Centennial HS Marching Band 5:30 PM 11:30 PM
9/6 Honor Ensembles Registration DUE All
9/7 Jeep Event @ The Dojo All 9:00 AM 5:00 PM
9/9 Meal Plans Due (Home Games) Marching Band
9/9 Classroom Band Fees DUE All
9/9 Marching Band Rehearsal Marching Band Practice Field 4:00 PM 6:00 PM
9/9 Meal Plans Due (Home Games) Marching Band
9/10 Marching Band Rehearsal Marching Band Stadium 6:45 PM 9:15 PM
9/12 Marching Band Rehearsal Marching Band Practice Field 4:00 PM 7:00 PM
9/12 RHS Open House / Get Jeep Tickets All Band Room Lobby
9/13 Hall Band Marching Band Band Room 7:30 AM 8:10 AM
9/13 RHS vs. West Forsyth Marching Band Band Room 6:00 PM 11:30PM
9/14 JEEP EVENT All Farmers Mkt 8:00 AM 12:00 PM
9/14 Mini Camp Marching Band Practice Field 10:00 AM 6:00 PM
9/21 Fulton County Marching Band Exhibition Marching Band Cambridge HS 10:00 AM 10:00 PM
Your band newsletter is getting longer as we are attempt to consolidate information all in one place to ensure timely information. A copy is posted in the band hallway for students to read. A QR Code is posted for students to scan and read on their phones. Stay informed and read The Stinger!
Marching band Reminders
NO HALL BAND on Friday, September 6.
FOOTBALL GAME - SEPTEMBER 6
This week’s game is away at Centennial High School. All marching band students should report to the band room by 5:30 p.m. Bus sign up sheets will be posted this week.
Checklist for the game:
- Eat dinner prior to arriving
- Wear bibbers and black uniform shoes; wear snug fitting shorts underneath.
- Wear black socks that cover your calves; ankle socks are not permitted with uniform.
- Wear a white t-shirt; reapply deodorant.
- Bring water bottle already filled
- Cell phones are permitted at games.
- Bring money to purchase food at concession stand during 3rd Quarter.
Parents: please check your phone around 10:45 p.m. after the game. Mr. Moon will text you to let you know our estimated arrival time back at the school. The band room will close 30 minutes after we arrive. Please be prompt when picking up your student after the game.
MINI BAND CAMP (mandatory for all Marching Band members) – SEPTEMBER 14
We will hold an all day rehearsal / mini band camp on Saturday 9/14 from
10:00 a.m.– 6:00 p.m.
All marching band members are required to attend. Parents: please be aware that practice BEGINS on the field at 10:00 a.m. Allow your child enough time to get their instrument and walk to the practice field.
Schedule is as follows:
10:00 to Noon
Noon to 1:00
1:00 to 4:00
4:00 to 4:30
4:30 to 6:00
· Wear practice clothes
· Bring sunscreen and water
· Meals: we will have an hour break for lunch (you can bring your own or go buy lunch)
· Break: we will have a 30-minute water/snack/fruit break
Concession Stand Cleaning – Sunday, 9/8
We need 2-3 parents to help us clean the concession stand this Sunday afternoon at Ray Manus Stadium to get it ready for our home game on 9/13. Just come directly to the stadium (on the AWAY side) @ 2:00 p.m.
Mini-Camp - Saturday, 9/14
We need one parent on hand for each block to help supervise the students and assist them when necessary. We also need some parents to donate fresh fruit for the afternoon break (i.e., orange slices, sliced watermelon, etc.)
Visit the Charms calendar at https://www.charmsoffice.com/charms2/newcal.asp to sign up for these and all volunteer opportunities.
· Weekly sales contests are happening! Turn in your sold tickets and money now to qualify for passes to movies, go-karting, gaming, coffee and bowling. Bring all sold tickets and cash to the RHS Front Office.
· We will hold a Jeep Event on Saturday, 9/7 at The Dojo (next to Trader Joe’s) from 9-5. Students are encouraged to come play their instruments and help sell tickets! Families that still need a packet can come pick it up during these hours. Families that want to turn in orders and pick up more tickets are welcome to meet us there.
· During RHS Open House on Thursday, 9/12, we will have a table in the Band Room lobby area available for families that still need a packet. Families that want to turn in orders and pick up more tickets are also welcome to come.
· We will hold another Jeep Event on Saturday, 9/14 at The Roswell Farmers Market at City Hall from 8-12. Parents are invited to come, promote the band and help sell tickets!
· On Wednesday, 9/25, we are holding a Jeep Meet Up in the Band Room lobby (near Mr. Moon's office). Families are encouraged to drop off first orders (25 sold) and pick up additional tickets. Target is 45 tickets sold per student! That’s 25 by 9/25; 20 more by 10/20.
Roswell Band offers the option to order a meal for your student during the Third Quarter at home games. (We do not provide this option at away games.) To order your meals, see the band web site under Store / Marching Band Store or click: https://www.roswellband.com/store/marching-band-store/ We have two options for home game dinner if you are interested:
Meal Plan for Football Home Games (5):
No more remembering to bring cash to the game. Students can go to the Away Concessions Stand during the Third Quarter and pick up their prepaid meals. All meals come with chips and a drink. There are five home games. No refunds or exchanges on this plan. This is the perfect plan for a one and done solution. Meal plans must be ordered by September 9th to receive all five meals.
Single Meal for Football Home Game (1):
This is to purchase only ONE meal for the upcoming home game. This option must be ordered by the Thursday before the game by 10:00 p.m. Students can walk over to the Away Concessions Stand during the 3rd quarter and pick up their prepaid meals. All meals come with chips and a drink.
Fulton County Marching Band Exhibition Meals (FCMBEX):
If you would like to purchase a meal at Cambridge High School for the FCMBEX, please visit our web site and select your option. Jason’s Deli boxed lunches will be catered. Please make your selection and pay by September 6.
On the web site, see Store / Marching Band Store or click on the link below to place your orders: https://www.roswellband.com/store/marching-band-store/
Classroom Band Reminders
FINAL NOTICE: HONOR ENSEMBLES REGISTRATION DUE SEPTEMBER 6
Registration forms are being accepted for the following:
· District Honor Jazz Band
· District Honor Band/All State Band
· Solo and Ensemble
Each registration is $25. Please leave a check in the band’s deposit box in the RHS Front Office. Label your envelope with student’s name and what payment is for. Please do not leave checks or cash in the band room or give to Band Directors. Leave only the completed registration form in the gray tub outside of Mr. Moon’s office.
FINAL NOTICE: CLASSROOM BAND FEES DUE SEPTEMBER 9
In order to provide proper opportunities and instruction for all band classes, we charge a $250 fee to pay for music, materials, musicians, transportation to events, minor instrument repairs, etc. (Please note $10 of your fee goes to the high school.) For more information on how to pay fees, visit the Roswell Band web site: https://www.roswellband.com/join/payments-and-donations/
If you choose to pay by check, please leave payment in the band’s deposit box in the RHS Front Office. Label your envelope with student’s name and what payment is for. Please do not leave checks or cash in the band room or give to Band Directors. Leave only the completed registration form in the gray tub outside of Mr. Moon’s office.
If you need assistance with paying Classroom Band Fees, please contact Mr. Moon or Mark Herring for options.
FINAL NOTICE: CONCERT BAND ATTIRE ORDERS DUE
See “Online Store” below.
Band booster updates
You seriously need to come see the online band store if you haven’t been there in a while! We now have three “departments” for spirit wear, marching band and concert band. Each of the departments has the required items your student will need to purchase (if you haven’t already).
- If your student has outgrown their concert pants or lost their marching band water bottle, the online store has what you need.
- If your student was measured by Mrs. Smith at school for concert attire and brought home a piece of paper with their sizes, the online store is your one-stop shop for those items. If you have any questions regarding uniforms, please contact Melissa Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have wanted one of those groovy band water bottles for yourself or a cool Roswell Band t-shirt, this is the place. Check out is easy with PayPal and there are no extra fees!
The Band Booster Board is designing a directory to help our band community establish easy ways to communicate and get to know each other! The directory will contain student and parent contact information and will include a student photo as well as their instrument. Band members can access it via web browser or a handy mobile app! It will be extremely useful at football games, competitions, and other band events to help volunteers and staff quickly locate student and/or parent information in the event of an urgent situation or if parental consent is needed. Look for additional information over the coming weeks.
Want to opt-out of the directory? If you do not want your personal contact information included in the directory, please email: email@example.com