CRI - PARENT Newsletter!
STATE TESTING & TEACHER APPRECIATION WEEK- MAY 1, 2023
CRI VOCAL STUDENTS ROCKED THE PERFORMING ARTS CENTER WITH SONG SATURDAY!
CHARGE CHROMEBOOK & BRING CHARGER EVERY DAY!
STATE TESTING - CHARGE CHROMEBOOK EVERY NIGHT!
PLUS, BRING CHARGER to school every day!
STATE TESTS continue this week!
- MONDAY, 5/1 - 5th gr. ELA TESTS continue
- TUESDAY, 5/2 - 5th gr. MATH TESTS for all 5th graders
- WEDNESDAY, 5/3 - 6th gr. MATH TESTS
- TUESDAY, 5/9 - 5th SCIENCE TESTS
We want to set them up for success - to show what they know!
We are so proud of all of our students' hard work this year!
STUDENTS WHO DRESS UP CAN ENTER THEIR NAMES FOR DRAWINGS FOR PRIZES!
THURSDAY is a HOLLY-DAY!
FRIDAY - FREE SNOWCONES FOR ALL STUDENTS!
5/1 - 5/5 IS TEACHER APPRECIATION WEEK & FREE SNOWCONES FOR STUDENTS ON FRIDAY!
5/1, MON - EVENING VOCAL CONCERT: CRI & MNMS HONOR CHOIRS PERFORM @ PAC (high school) @ 6:00 PM
5/2, TUES - 5th GRADE STATE TESTING - MATH
5/3, WED - 6th GRADE STATE TESTING - MATH
5/4, THURS - IT'S HOLLY JACKSON APPRECIATION DAY! - We are celebrating Mrs. Jackson, 5th SS, winning MPS DISTRICT TEACHER OF THE YEAR for our entire district! YAY!
5/5, FRI - HONOR CHOIR PERFORMS @ AREA FESTIVAL DURING SCHOOL DAY!
5/5, FRI - FREE SNOWCONES FOR ALL STUDENTS @ RECESS!
UPCOMING WEEKS & YEAR-END EVENTS:
5/8, MON - CHARACTER ASSEMBLIES
5/8, MON - MPS SCHOOL BOARD MEETING @ 6pm
5/9, TUES - 5th GRADE STATE TESTING - SCIENCE
5/10, WED - BRONCO BISTRO (PIZZA & GAMES for Character Winners)
5/12, FRI - 5th GRADE READ-A-THON in ELA classes
5/12, FRI - 5th GRADE GROWTH & DEVEL by NURSES (may opt out; call 256-6955)
5/12, FRI - ALL LIBRARY BOOKS CHECKED IN by END OF DAY
5/15, MON - DAY OF AWESOMENESS (inflatables; fundraiser)
5/16 & 5/17 - 6TH GRADE CHROMEBOOK & CHARGERS CHECK-IN
5/18 & 5/19 - 5TH GRADE CHROMEBOOK & CHARGERS CHECK-IN
5/18, THURS @ 2:15pm - 6TH GRADE THEATER PERFORMANCE for 5TH GRADERS
5/19, FRI - 6th GRADE PHYSICALS DAY - WE BUS STUDENTS WITH PERMISSION SLIPS & $ TO MHS (call 256-6955 now if your child did not already bring home permission slips)
LAST WEEK OF SCHOOL:
5/22, MON - 6:30 PM: EVENING "CRI AWARDS ASSEMBLY" @ PAC (at MHS)
5/22 - 5/24 DODGEBALL TOURNAMENT or STUDY HALL (must be eligible by passing all classes to play/attend or GREAT CHANCE to bring up grades!)
5/24, WED - LAST DAY OF SCHOOL
IMPORTANT - IT'S TIME TO SETTLE UP LUNCH ACCOUNTS :)
IN THE PAST - Throughout the school year, we allow students to charge a few lunches when their account temporarily becomes negative. However, this is not allowed at the end of the year. The district must balance accounts at the end of each school year & cannot allow charges.
EFFECTIVE MAY 3rd -
- A child's lunch account cannot go into a negative balance BEGINNING May 3rd.
- There will be NO charging allowed in the cafeteria for the remainder of this school year (the month of May.)
- If the child does not have the money for lunch, they will be given an alternate meal.
It is easy to lose track of the balance of your child's lunch account. We understand.
However...beginning May 3rd, please monitor your child's lunch account closely -
- Completely cover any past charges
- Plus pay for the meal for the day
- or your child may bring a lunch from home.
- Child Nutrition will begin making robocalls two times per week as a reminder to households who have a child with a negative balance.
- Please stress to your child the importance of NOT buying snacks for other students. This is not allowed and can greatly reduce their lunch account at a quicker rate than you anticipate.
Please give us a call if you need assistance or have questions.
GLIMPSE OF THE RIDGE:
ROCKIN' ACADEMIC & DESIGN CHALLENGES!
ROCKIN' THE PERFORMING ARTS CENTER (PAC) WITH SONG & EXCELLENCE!
ROCKIN' RIDGE RUNNERS OLYMPIC GAMES!
SIMPLY . . . ROCKIN' THE RIDGE! - with the BEST KIDS, TEACHERS, & FAMILIES ANYWHERE!
- On Track for Success
- & Kind
I will R.O.C.K the Ridge!
CONTACT US! We are here to help!
MAIN NUMBER - (405) 256-6955
- ATTENDANCE or to CONTACT US
Administrative Assistants (secretaries):
Media Director (librarian):
- Michelle Tobler - email@example.com
- Mary Ann Cornelison (and nurse's asst. Jill Isham)
Spec Ed Dept. Head:
- Amanda Holeman - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Linda Riggs - email@example.com