Middle School News - September 25th
What is coming up next!
- You will see in the Bridger K-8 Newsletter information about an upcoming assessment that we usually administer during the first month of school in both Math and Language Arts.
- Portland Public Schools will be attempting to administer this assessment through our virtual classrooms. You should or did receive a longer message about it from PPS.
- This is a low stakes test that our middle school students have experience with. It gives us a snapshot of where our students are.
- Week of October 5th - Math - Will be administered during both whole group and small group.
- Week of October 12th - Language Arts - same as math.
- I expect small groups are up and running for your student.
- Because of the way small groups were set up, some days your student might have lighter schedules than others.
- Reminder that this is time to continue with work that was given or review.
What does Asynchronous look and sound like?
- If your child has a group that happens to be asynchronous that day, there should be a communication from the teacher ahead of that and what they should expect.
- Your child can email the teacher if they have questions. Please be aware that teachers will not answer immediately as they may be performing other tasks with students as well.
If you have questions during school day, Ms. Susy and Ms. Roletto may be available on Google Meet at code: Welcome1
Please email Ms. Roletto with any schedule questions. firstname.lastname@example.org
We have extended the Google Meet WELCOME1 room for next week as well. Thank you Ms. Suzy for being there for our middle school kids and parents
Cameras on or off?
- We allow students the choice to have their camera on or off and that students are participating and engaging in the class and work. There are various reasons a student might not want to have their camera on and we honor that.
- We do ask that the "picture" that shows up along with their name be appropriate for school. We have not had major incidents but wanted to make you aware of what we share with students.
- Final reminder we share with students is to make sure that when cameras are on, that they be aware of their background. A quick look over your shoulder helps.
Organization tip for students - WATCH
Video link: Ms. Roletto's organization tip