Chandler High Wolf Bytes
School of Champions
August 27, 2018
TREBLEMAKERS WIN VIDEO CONTEST
The Treblemakers have won the Sweet Adelines International Youth Chorus video competition! Sweet Adelines is the world’s leading organization for women’s barbershop singing and have hosted this competition and the prize money associated with it, for the past six years. The Treblemakers have placed second once and won the other five years! Check out their award winning performance and hear/see why the Treblemakers have a worldwide reputation for excellence in barbershop singing. Congratulations, Treblemakers!
SPECTRUM ART EXHIBIT
Congratulations to ten CHS art students who had their work on display from July 2nd through August 16th in the Spectrum Art Exhibit at Mesa Community College. Trey Lewis, CHS Senior, earned a scholarship for his entry “Pedestrian Bridge over Loop 202, Chandler, Arizona.” Additionally, Ruben Romero and Giselle Dominguez received “Recognition of Exceptional Achievement” Awards. Thanks to Ms. Jenny Knoll and Mr. Robert Burget, CHS Art Teachers, for submitting the students’ art work, and special congratulations to Mr. Burget for having two winners in the same category (Black and White Photography).
SPIRIT WEEK WRAP UP
“We’ve got spirit, yes we do…” Last week was Spirit Week and the Chandler Wolves did not disappoint! From dressing up according to daily themes, to participating in the Fall Sports Assemblies, and “luauing” during both lunches and at Friday’s football game, students and staff set the tone for what will be an incredibly high-spirited year.
Last Week's Wins
- Football def. Queen Creek Freshman 58-14, JV 19-12 (game called because of the weather), and Varsity W 49-21
- Girls Golf def. Mountain Pointe, McClintock, Mesa, Westwood, and North Canyon
THIS WEEK’S HOME EVENTS
- Tues, August 28th: Girls Volleyball vs Westwood: F@ 4 pm, JV @ 5 pm, Varsity @ 7 pm
- Wed, August 29th: Freshman Football vs Mesa @ 6 pm
- Thurs, August 30th: Swim vs Mountain Pointe @ 4 pm; Badminton vs Sandra Day O’ Connor @ 4 pm
- Fri, August 31st: Varsity Football vs Mesa @ 7 pm
DREADING LONG LINES ON FRIDAY NIGHTS?
Looking to avoid lines before football games? Take a look at this new and convenient way to purchase online tickets via GoFan for Friday night football games. The following links allow you two options for purchasing tickets to CHS home football games. CHS Home Schedule and Text to Buy Instructions and Online Ticket Sales.
The Girls Golf Team visited Hartford Elementary to spend some time working with the students last week. The team enjoyed helping students and teachers in the classroom, and they look forward to a return visit in the near future.
In preparation for CHS’s AdvancED five-year accreditation and review visit in November, we are asking parents to complete a short survey by this Friday, August 31st. It takes less than 5 minutes to complete and will provide us with valuable information to share with faculty and the review committee. Thank you! Please access the survey at the following link: CHS Parent Survey.
KAPLANS PSAT PRACTICE TEST
Cost: $5, payable in the Career Center during lunch B- August 20th-28th
All college visits will take place in the CHS College & Career Center, unless otherwise specified. Students should sign up outside of the College & Career Center to attend a presentation. They will receive a pass in class on the day of the presentation.
· Brandeis University (Waltham, MA)- Aug. 27th at 8:45am
· Concordia University (CA)- Aug. 29th at 8:30am
· Albion College (MI)- Aug. 30th at 8:30am
· NAU- Sept. 5th at 8:30am
· U of A- Sept. 6th at 8:30am
· Carnegie Mellon (PA)- Sept. 7th at 8:45am
· Washington University (St. Louis, MO)- Sept. 17th at 10:30am
· U of A- Honors College- Sept. 19th at 8:30am
· MCC- Sept. 27th at 8:30am
· University of Tampa- Oct. 19th at 9:45am
· New York University (NYU)- Oct. 23rd at 8:45
· Azusa Pacific University (CA)- Oct. 23rd at 9:45
· Spelman College (Atlanta, GA)- Oct. 24th @ 8:30am
· Conservatory of Recording Arts and Sciences (CRAS- Tempe, AZ)- Oct. 24th at 10:00am
· Washington State University (WSU)- Oct. 25th at 8:30am
· UC Berkeley (CA)- Oct. 25th at 9:30am
· U of A- Nov. 1st at 8:30am
CCA YOUTH ADVISORY COUNCIL
EMERGENCY AND HEALTH UPDATE
Please go to your Parent Portal and complete the “Emergency and Health Update” form. This form has to be accessed through the browser and will take about 5 minutes to complete. If you need help setting up your Parent Portal please call 480-812-7700.