NSCAS Parent Resources
NSCAS Summative Testing Parent Resources
It is almost time for NSCAS Summative testing! Please see the resources below that are provided by the Nebraska Department of Education to learn more about the assessment and to access practice materials.
The NSCAS Summative test administration window is March 16 - April 24, 2020 for grades 3-8 in the content areas of English language arts (ELA) and mathematics.
This year, grades 5 and 8 will pilot the NSCAS Summative test for the Nebraska College and Career Ready Standards for Science (NCCRS-S). More information about the new science pilot test can be found on the Nebraska Department of Education (NDE) website or by using the links below.
NSCAS Science FAQs
- Students and parents can access the student tutorial on their own through the NWEA portal or by using the following link: http://bit.ly/NSCAStutorial
- The student tutorial provides detailed information about the NSCAS Summative Assessment including who will test, how many questions are on each test, and the different types of items students will need to answer.
Item Type Sampler
- Students and parents can access the Item Type Sampler through the NWEA portal or by using the following link: http://bit.ly/NSCASsampler
- Each Item Sampler has 20 questions.
- Item Samplers are available for grades 3-8 in ELA and mathematics.
- Students who qualify to receive the Text-to-Speech accommodation can select this support for the Item Sampler.