January 25, 2021
From the Desk of the Principal
Hello Trix Academy Family!
Parent-Teacher Conferences will be held this Friday, therefore online learning will begin at 12:30pm. Please expect various forms of communication to schedule a time to speak with your child's teacher regarding his/her progress for the second marking period. Families may also contact your child's teacher to schedule a time. For the second Parent-Teacher Conferences, Trix Academy will hold a raffle. At the conclusion of the scheduled conference time, as a parent your name will be entered into a raffle to win one of several gift certificates and each scholar who attends conferences, will receive a surprise. We look forward to speaking with everyone during conferences.
Detra Coleman, Ed.S.
Trix Academy School Leader
Parent-Teacher Conference Tips
It is important for the teacher, scholar and parents to be on the same page. One critical part of the conversation during parent-teacher conferences will be the strategy to help your child retain the strength and/or build on an area for improvement. For a few helpful tips to guide discussions during conferences, please see below.
- What is my child's area of strength for the second quarter? How is this different from the first quarter?
- What specific strategy can I use to help my child keep the area of strength?
- What is my child's area for improvement for the second quarter? How is this different from the second quarter?
- What specific strategy can I use to help my child build on an area for improvement?
If you have any additional questions or concerns, please call the office at (313) 426-1020 or email Ms. Coleman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
School Spirit Days
Scholar Led School Events Committee
The Importance of Attendance
Laptop Care and Tips
- Ensure the case remains on the iPad or Chromebook
- Ensure food and drinks are not around the technology device
- Ensure scholars are stationary when using the iPad or Chromebook
- Monitor data usage on the hotspot
- When lessons have concluded for the day, ensure the scholar places the device in the same location for the next day
- Ensure technology devices are plugged in to charge at the end of the school day in order for scholars to have a fully charged device for the next school day.
If you have any questions, please let me know via email at email@example.com or by calling the office at (313) 426-1020.
Staff Email Addresses
Detra Coleman, Principal - firstname.lastname@example.org
Paula Hayes, Culture Specialist - email@example.com
Karen Orpe, Instructional Coach - firstname.lastname@example.org
Sheilene Smith, Office Manager - email@example.com
Martha Miller, Social Worker - firstname.lastname@example.org
Sharon Dye, Lead Teacher - email@example.com
Monica Mbua, Teacher - firstname.lastname@example.org
Charlene Long, Teacher - email@example.com
Chelsea Henry, Teacher Assistant - firstname.lastname@example.org
Tiara Owens, Teacher - email@example.com
Darryle Cross, Teacher Assistant - firstname.lastname@example.org
Asia Bradley, Teacher - email@example.com
Atica Bell, Teacher Assistant - firstname.lastname@example.org
Christine Truesdell, Teacher - email@example.com
Sheryll Purdy, Teacher - firstname.lastname@example.org
Michelle Kulcharyk, Teacher Assistant - email@example.com
LaTesha Gordon, ELA Teacher - firstname.lastname@example.org
Pantel Tzavellas, Social Studies Teacher - email@example.com
Steven Orellana, Teacher Intern - firstname.lastname@example.org
Andre Keys, Teacher Assistant - email@example.com
Johari Brown, Math Teacher - firstname.lastname@example.org
Paige DeRue, Teacher Assistant - email@example.com
Yolanda Betty, Science Teacher - firstname.lastname@example.org
Bryant Robertson, Teacher - email@example.com
Edward McLean, Teacher - firstname.lastname@example.org
Jerel Allen, Teacher - email@example.com