Blue Hills News
From the Desk of the Principal - May 6, 2021
Dear Blue Hills Families,
This week, a letter was sent to all seniors and their parents/guardians regarding Graduation. Please reach out if you did not receive this letter.
Teacher Appreciation Week
May 3-May 7 is faculty and staff appreciation week here at Blue Hills and across the country. Thank a teacher for their dedication this year! We are so proud to have a faculty and staff that care for our students each and every day. We love our teachers and our entire staff! Thank you!
The Class of 2021 Awards Night will be a virtual ceremony this year. We will release the video/presentation on May 20 at 6 p.m. Scholarships recipients and award winners will all be honored that night.
Curbside PICKUP for the Chateau Restaurant: Curbside pickup begins on Thursdays and Fridays on 4/8 with a limited menu. Customers can order by calling 781-828-5800 x2420 from 11-12:30. They can also place an advance order by calling from 9-10 in the morning. All orders must be paid by credit card, no cash will be accepted. If interested, please join our email mailing list by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Summer School planning is underway; students who are in danger of failing academic classes for the year may be eligible for summer school. To be promoted, a student must earn 100% of the possible credits for the school year. Summer school is mandatory for students who have failed classes. Cost and details will be announced soon.
Spring Sports are underway! Good luck Warriors!
Fall 2 Sports
Free and Reduced Lunch: PEBT Information
The Blue Hills Booster Club can be found on facebook for general information. You can find more detailed information through the school website by clicking on the Student/Parents tab then click on the Booster Club.
The Booster Club meets via zoom on the 4th Wednesday of each month. The calendar will provide information on store hours, meeting notes, times, and link to zoom, and upcoming events. If you should have any further questions or concerns please email us at email@example.com.
Covid-19 Information - From Nurse Gainey
Massachusetts has called off the flu shot requirement for this academic year, but it is still recommended that students receive a flu shot.
Please send your records of physical exams to Nurse Gainey.
COVID-19 SAFETY GUIDELINES
*DAILY SYMPTOM CHECK
EXPOSURE TO THE VIRUS CAN HAPPEN
What you do next will help control the spread of the infection:
TESTING, TRACING, ISOLATION, COMMUNICATION
- If you are sick with COVID-19 symptoms please stay home and get tested.
- If someone in your home tests positive you must quarantine for 14 days and get tested in 5-7 days or sooner if you become symptomatic.
- If you are informed that you are a close contact (within less than or equal to 6 feet for 10 to 15 minutes over 24 hours with or without mask or if someone coughed or sneezed directly in your unmasked face) you MUST quarantine for 14 days and get tested in 5-7 days or sooner if symptomatic.
- If a family member is identified as a close contact, and you are NOT symptomatic, you are expected to come to school. If that family member tested positive you would then be considered a close contact and be required to quarantine for 14 days and get tested in 5-7 days or sooner if you became symptomatic.
- If you return from out of state travel, you will be required to quarantine for fourteen days.
- Please notify the school firstname.lastname@example.org asap or call Mrs. Gainey RN @ 781-828-5800 X 2230 or Mrs. Pica @ X 2250 in Student Affairs if you are absent or to report a COVID-19 concern.
All students will receive free lunch and breakfast through the end of this school year.
Students that are learning at home are eligible for meal pickup - please click on the link below to place orders and learn more:
Blue Hills Regional Technical School
Blue Hills Regional Technical School’s mission is to continue its history of academic achievement, technical training and character development through a curriculum which emphasizes the integration of cutting-edge technical programs and challenging academic courses, enabling its students to become competent, caring and productive people in a diverse and changing world.
Community, Opportunity, Relevance, Employability