Vegans vs Omnivores
Why Vegans Are Best
Vegan? What is a Vegan?
- Ethical Vegan: one who chooses the vegan lifestyle out of compassion for sentient beings, it is the morally right thing to do
- Dietary Vegan: choose the vegan diet for the positive health effects
- Environmental Vegan: reject all animal products because of the environmentally damaging effects from the industrial farming of animals
Eight (of the countless) Reasons to Try Veganism
1. To Reduce Your Risk of Cancer
According to the American Dietetic Association, vegetarians tend to have overall lower cancer rates.
For example, meat-eaters have a 54% increased risk of prostate cancer and an 88% increased risk for colorectal cancer.
2. To Prevent Global Climate Change
Researchers at the University of Chicago calculated that each person who adopts a vegan diet prevents the equivalent of 1.5 tons of CO2 emissions each year.
3. To Conserve Land, Water and Energy
"Around the world as more ater is diverted to raising pigs and chickens instead of producing crops for direct consumption, millions of wells are going dry." - Time magazine
In a world in which over 1 billion people are already malnourished or lack access to clean drinking water, meat is an extremely wasteful food choice.
4. We Don't have to Kill to Be Healthy
Not only are vegan diets appropriate for people of all ages, but our bodies can truly thrive on them. Studies show that they are among the healthiest and longest-living people on earth.
5. To Care for Some Animals (like cats and dogs) and Eating Others is Morally Inconsistant
If you wouldn't eat your dog or cat, why eat any other animal when it is completely unnecessary?
6. Because No One Should Have to Kill for a Living
This is an extremely dangerous mindset that can have serious consequences both inside and outside of the slaughterhouse. Countries that have slaughterhouses consistently have higher rates of violent crime, such as murder and rape.
7. Farmed Animals Are Mutilated Without Painkillers
For example, animals are castrated to change the taste of their flesh, and they are branded and tattooed for to be identified.
And just to cut costs, these mutilations of agony go on.. without any sort of pain pillers.
8. Vegetarians Spare the Lives of over 50 Animals Each Year
A Lifelong Vegetarian Saves Around:
- 780 Chickens
- 5 Cows
- 20 Pigs
- 29 Sheep
- 49 Turkeys
- 15 Ducks
- 7 Rabbits
- Half a ton of Fish