By: Taylor Eberhart
- During Middle Childhood, children lose their primary teeth.
- The central incistors are first to fall out,
- By 12 permanent will replace primary teeth.
- Changes in mouth will accomadate permanent teeth.
- Tooth loss can have a psychological effect.
- Tooth decay is a common health problem.
- Risks of cavitys are with poor hygine.
- Teachers and parents should promote good hygine.
- By six children are ready to read.
- Farsighted: See objects far clearer than up-close.
- Being farsighted is common in preschool children.
- Nearsighted: see close objects clearly than distance.
- Throughout middle childhood, nearsightedness.
- Children engaged in closeup work causes nearsightedness
- 25% children will need their vision corrected.
- Obesity is characterized by excessive bodily fat.
- If weighs 20% more than others of same sex.
- Obesity effects health and lack of self-esteem.
- Overweight can be inherited or environmentally contributed.
- Eating habits affect, abuse, death, alcoholism, divorce.
- Lack of physical activity can cause obesity.
- Risk of heart disease, diabetes, high blood-pressure
- Child and parent needs to change behaviors.
- Encourage healthy foods and control the size portions.
- They should be encouraged to exercise more.