September 6, 2022
"Where it's always a good day to be a Bison!"
The Bison Stampede is Back!
We are excited to bring back this great fundraiser. We kicked-off the Stampede on Friday with a high school band, cheerleaders and the Poms dance group from Prairie View High School. Students sat outside and were amazed at the high schoolers. A huge thank you goes to our awesome PTO for all of their hard work.
A flyer went home explaining the website PTO will be using for pledges this year (I have also attached a PDF of the flyer below).
The race itself is on September 16th. Join us for this fun day. The schedule - broken down by grade levels - will go to all families via our dialer soon.
On the day of the race, we ask that all students wear their colored grade-level shirt. All students were gifted a shirt (kindergarten - we have more coming!). If your student lost his/her shirt, we have a few more in the office for purchase. They are $10 each - cash only.
I want to thank the few parents who came to Second Cup with the Principal. It was nice to chat and get to know one another better. The next opportunity to meet will be during 2nd quarter. We will share it here and also send a dialer home.
Thank you for sharing your children with us!
If you are a returning family to Second Creek, you know our parking lot is small and needs special care during morning drop off and afternoon pick up. Thank you for contributing to the overall safety of our staff and students!
If you are a new family to Second Creek, please read the information below carefully. Staff (and sometimes Commerce City police) are out during morning drop off and afternoon dismissal to make sure everyone is safe.
Parents, it is very important that we do not park on the bus lane before or after school. Blocking the bus causes delays that go beyond our school.
Here are a few reminders about our drop off and pick up procedures. You know that Commerce City police pops in once in a while and issue tickets to vehicles that are not following our safety rules... so please make sure you are doing what you can do keep our students and staff safe!
- No parked cars in the "no parking zone" - which is by the sidewalk from the beginning of the parking lot all the way to the front doors. This is a fire lane and also a bus lane. There is NO PARKING anytime. Only drop off or pick up. We have noticed many cars parked waiting for the school to open in the morning, blocking the bus and causing lines of cars that go all the way outside the parking lot. Please drop off your student and go - no parking.
- Same rules apply for pick up after school.
- Students can be dropped off at 7:30am for breakfast eaters and 7:35am for non breakfast eaters. We do not have supervision for students who are dropped off before these times.
- Students must be picked up at 3:30pm every day. We do not have staff to supervise students after school.
- Let us know if you need information about our before and after-school program.
- Please only use the handicap parking if you have a handicap license.
- The Staff of the Month parking is for staff only at all times.
- PLEASE DO NOT PARK IN FRONT OF DRIVEWAYS!
We appreciate your cooperation!
A shout out to our sponsors!
The Landing Place Church
The Landin Place Church has donated brand new playground equipment to our student. They have donated our blue safety vests that staff wears. They gave also donated goodies and burritos to feed all of our staff.