The Junction House
White River Junction Landmark
Caught Between Eras Discovering the Hotel Coolidge
Some Pictures of the Junction House and the Present-day Coolidge Hotel
Here is a picture looking towards the Junction House on S. Main Street; which is opposite of the train station.
This is a view of downtown White River. The Junction House is to the left and the train station in the center.
President Coolidge's first visit and stay at the Hotel Coolidge was in the 1920's. He chose the first floor room, Parlor A. This was out of superstition of staying in numbered rooms.
This is a present-day picture of the Hotel Coolidge. It was purchased by David Briggs in 1984. Because of the reconstruction in 1925, the hotel now has 160 guest rooms.
Here is the mural in the Coolidge Hotel. It represents some of Vermont's history. There are two other rooms just like this that represent the history of Vermont. There is the Vermont Room and also the Zollikofer Gallery.
Information coming from the White River Junctions Empire of Flour, Steel and Ambition
Old Picture Coolidge Hotel:
Hotel Coolidge Symbol:
Present Day Picture:
Samuel Nutt gravestone: