Anacapa's Weekly Updates ~ March 23-27th
School Closure March 16-May 1
Dear Anacapa Families,
First and foremost, we at Anacapa Middle School extended our sincerest wishes that you and your students are minimally affected by the COVID-19 crisis gripping the world. All of us are facing challenging decisions about how to continue with our daily lives. Below are a few important updates and resources. Please continue to monitor our VUSD website at https://www.venturausd.org/SchoolClosures.aspx for additional updates.
Please take care of yourselves and each other,
AMS Device Distribution
We are still committed to ensuring our students receive the devices they need so that they can participate in online learning. However, with the Safe at Home order, we have had to reevaluate our strategy in this area. We are currently re-evaluating our plan and will distribute devices on a larger scale with a more robust social distancing plan in place. Our goal is to provide more information to you on the device distribution by grade level this week. As we prepare for the distribution, please take a few minutes to read the following VUSD Device Contract.
Please click here to read and print the contract. If you do not have access to print the form it will be provided on-site the day of the scheduled pick-up.
Internet Access Options
STUDENT MEALS DURING SCHOOL CLOSURE
We are happy to announce that we will be resuming our meal distribution plan again on Monday, March 23, from 11:30 am- 1 pm at the locations listed below (the same locations as this week). We are re-establishing car service as well and will have additional volunteers assisting with meal distribution. We do have a few essential guidelines that we are requesting our families adhere to and provide as much social distancing as possible.
· Please keep an appropriate distance away from each other and employees
· For those that are walking up, if you see a line forming, please wait well behind others and do not congregate at the food table
· Please only touch what you are taking and never replace an item on the table
· Please do not come to pick up meals if you are sick
· Please know that employees are there to help and will answer your questions while they observe our directive to keep a safe distance from each other and the public to ensure they are not adding to the risks of providing this service
Meal Distribution Locations:
1. Atlas Elementary School 760 Jazmin Avenue, Ventura
2. Montalvo Elementary 2050 Grand Avenue, Ventura
3. Will Rogers Elementary 316 Howard Street, Ventura
4. Data Middle School 2060 Cameron Street, Ventura
5. Sheridan Way Elementary 573 Sheridan Way, Ventura
6. Sunset K-8 School 400 Sunset Ave., Oak View
VUSD Family Activity Packets for Grades PreK-12
To support all families during this challenging time amidst the Coronavirus/COVID-19 outbreak, we have compiled a list of resources to engage all students in a fun way during this closure. Please browse the following Family Activity Packets for Grades Prek-12. Please select a packet based on your child's age and/or ability level. Many of these activities have been designed so that they are appropriate for students with disabilities. We have put them in Levels A-E for ease of use. Level A is the least challenging to Level E which is the most challenging.