2016-2017, 10th Edition
Step Outside The Box
1st Quarter is now in the books. Halloween parties are done. ;) Morning Meeting, Daily 5 and Guided Reading should be well established. Are you feeling more comfortable with your classroom? The hope, of course, is that the answer is "yes". Do you now feel that you might need to change some things? It's never too late to do just that. Many times, established routines, procedures, and curriculum are the best way to go for our students, as we know many kids (and adults, for that matter) thrive best in these environments. However, if that is not the case, and we have allowed ample time for establishment, we need to give our selves permission to try something else. And not necessarily jump in head first...but perhaps small steps, little tweaks that could make the difference. I will again stress: Some of the best resource you have are your colleagues. Don't be afraid to ask what others are doing to make things work.
THE SPOOKY BUS WAS A HUGE SUCCESS!
We loaded the bags, we decorated the bus, we pumped some tunes, then we found some kids. The "Spooky Bus" was great success! The kids and parents alike loved seeing us out and about. Thanks to all who came and helped...and don't forget: The freaks come out at night!
Teamwork Tuesday, November 1st
- Rhoades out after 12:45 p.m.
Wellness Wednesday, November 2nd
- Collaboration: K/1, 2/3, 4/5; Please use this link: https://docs.google.com/a/bpcschools.org/document/d/1F9Mo2U7k9zDFH5hD_X9uYbktd_taMK60uZD790aRnxQ/edit?usp=sharing
- Webinar, 3:00 (or after dismissal), Mrs. Rodeffer's Room: A Deeper Dive into Guided Reading
Thinking Thursday, November 3rd
- Picture Retakes, starting 8 a.m.
- PBIS Meeting, 3:20, library
High Five Friday, November 4th
- Data Friday
IN THE NEAR FUTURE:
- Food Drive: November 7-10
- Project Success, November 7
- Mock Election: November 8
- Please be sure that you are in your morning duty spot at 7:45
- Give suggestions to Angie on her shared Google Doc about Reading Night
KUDOS & FYI
- "Kudos to Moni and Michelle for their help at recess!" -LS
- Kudos to Staci Kramer for filling in on announcements for the days I am gone! -MR
- Kudos to Kayla Malmgren for getting us rolling for our mock election! -MR
- Please keep Carrie Scarbrough and her family in your thoughts as her mother is ill.
- Please keep Miss Monie in your thoughts as she will be home ill for the week.