A Publication of the Affton School District
Update for Families & Staff | July 21, 2020
Roadmap to Reopening Webinar
Thanks so much to the over 630 families, students, and staff members who were able to join us for our Roadmap to Reopening Webinar with Dr. Travis Bracht, superintendent. In case you missed it -- or want to go back and listen again -- a video of the webinar is included below.
NEW WEBINAR: Roadmap to Reopening Updates
NEW FOR FAMILIES AND STAFF: ROADMAP TO REOPENING UPDATE WEBINAR featuring Dr. Bracht, as well as our school principals. We plan to share:
- what learning will look like at our schools,
- what we're hearing from our families and staff this week,
- answers to some frequently asked questions.
WHEN: Thursday, July 23 at 6:30 p.m.
Once again, we will record the webinar and will share a link to view once available.
Choose Your Learning Option
This week, families can choose how your student (grades K-12 only) will attend Affton School District by selecting a learning option: In-Person, Online, or Online Plus. Please log in to the Parent Portal and indicate your learning choice and transportation need for each child in your family by July 26, 2020.
- Log into the Parent Portal on a computer or tablet; it does not work well on cell phones.
- As a reminder, be sure you are on the Parent Tab. Your email address is your login name, and you can click Forgot Password for it to be sent to you.
- At the top right of your student dashboard, please change Academic Year to 2020-2021.
- For assistance with Tyler SIS, please contact email@example.com.
It’s essential that parents make these choices in a timely manner so we can plan accordingly for teachers, staff, and classroom/course enrollment to support our students. We know these decisions will be challenging, so we’ll do our best to help by providing the details you’ll need to make an informed decision.
Families of returning Affton School District students who do not select an option for each of their students by July 26, 2020, will be automatically enrolled in In-Person Learning and will be opted out of bus transportation.
Please reach out with your questions or concerns at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling the Affton Schools COVID-19 Helpline at 314-633-5911.