October 11 - 17, 2021
THIS WEEK'S LUNCH HOUR MEETINGS
Tuesday, October 12: BPA Meeting; 11 or 11:30 in A155
Wednesday, October 13:
Thursday, October 14: Spectrum meeting at 11:05 in A107
MHS Breakfast Changes: Taher is making changes which go into effect on 10/11.
- Due to low numbers of participation we will no longer serve 1st chance (before school) breakfast.
- Schools meals for the 21-22 school year continue to be provided to students at no cost through the federal government.
- We are also going to stop requiring the finger scan of students for 2nd chance breakfast. This should significantly speed up the distribution of breakfast, thus allowing students to get to class on time!
- We will continue to utilize the upstairs and downstairs locations for distribution.
- Finger scanning will still be utilized for students at lunch.
Backpack Reminder: Per the student handbook, backpacks, satchels, and bags are not to be worn or carried during the school day. Backpacks must be stored in the student lockers during the school day. Students should obtain study materials for classes before school and during passing times. No one should leave classes to go to their locker except with special permission. Failure to follow this policy will be viewed as insubordination and will be treated as such.
- Headgear - this includes anything worn on the head (hats, bandannas, stocking caps, hooded sweatshirts), excluding wearing of head gear for religious purposes, must be stored in lockers between the hours of 8:00 and 3:05. Violations will be confiscated and stored in the office for 1 day on the first offense, and an additional 5 days for any subsequent violations.
- Hooded sweatshirts are allowed. However, hoods are not to be worn on the head during school hours due the difficulty of identification of students.
MHS Quarter 1 phone Conferences will be on Monday, October 18 from 3:45 - 7:45 PM. We will be using SignupGenius.com for scheduling individual conferences.
There will be an Informational/parent meeting for anyone interested in gymnastics on Monday, October 11, at 6 PM in the gymnastics room.
There will be a BPA meeting for anyone interested in learning more about the opportunities available. On Tuesday, Bring your lunch to A155 at 11 or 11:30 to find out more. Treats provided and door prizes at each meeting.
There will be a mandatory class meeting for sophomores on Wednesday, Oct 13 during Ramp Up.
Don’t forget Cookie Wednesday after school at the Tiger’s Den. Limited supply; the Tiger’s Den will be open until they are gone!
Good luck to the FFA Horse Judging and Poultry Judging Teams as they head to Sherburn on Tuesday at noon!
Congratulations to the following students who will represent their class this year:
- Freshmen: Aiden Mattison and Jonah Jensen
- Sophomores: Sophia Gaul, Melany Richardson, Sophia Stemwedel, and Tom Hanson
- Juniors: Dalton Edens, Leng Vue, Miracle Tucker, Gavin Dahms, and Oliva Houseman
- Seniors: Sara Nuytten and Miski Ali
Attention students…did you take pictures at the dance? If yes, please submit them to Mrs. Eben or yearbook editor Kaylee Prins.
Student Services Announcements
The Financial Aid Planning night for all seniors and their parents has been scheduled for Wednesday, October 13th from 6:30-7:30 P.M in the theatre. Natasha Boe, a financial aid expert, will be the presenter. Learn about the types of financial aid and how to apply. All seniors and their parents should plan to attend this important meeting.
- Juniors & Seniors: Do you know what you want to be when you grow up? The ASVAB is a timed, free test that assesses academic ability and predicts success in a wide variety of occupations. The test will be given at MHS on Thursday, October 26th @ 8:15 am. This is NOT a test for students interested in the military and you will NOT be recruited by the armed services if you take the test. Juniors interested in taking this test need to register in student services by Monday, October 25th. After testing, students will also be asked to participate in and interpretation session later. Please go to www.asvabprogram.com or stop in student services for more information.