Confucianism And Taoism Compare and Contrast
Confucianism & Taoism Questions
- What would a government founded on Confucian principles look alike?
- How would a Chinese family be influenced by Confucian teachings?
- Are Taoist principles relevant to the issues in everyday life today?
- How do the individual principles and maxims of each philosophy connect to each other to form an entire religion/way of thinking?
- If a government was controlled and governed by Confucian principle. It would be based on ideas of harmony, obedience to parents and authority, people with higher power than you. And people trained and expected to behave properly in their roles.
- A Chinese family would be influenced by Confucianism by providing teachings to children to respect the adults and the idea of reciprocity (do to others as they do to you). And the worship of ancestors which is still used by modern day Chinese families.
- All of the 4 Taoist principles are still relevant to the issues that are happening today.
- Both Confucian and Taoist principles have a moral of not just thinking of yourself or being selfish but instead respect others and the things around you.