Fusing Art and Technology
Implementation of Key Technologies within the Arts
VoiceThread in the Classroom
-How to create instructional content on VoiceThread.
-How to create assessment content on VoiceThread.
Please see these key videos that allow you to see the implication of VoiceThread in the classroom:
What is VoiceThread?
Click this button to learn more about what VoiceThread and gain insight regarding how it could be used in the classroom and beyond.
Arts Assessment in VoiceThread
For all of the official content related to VoiceThread check out this site.
This is one of the best resources to study for further understanding about how VoiceThread can be used for arts courses.
Step 1: Setting Up Your Free Account
Here is the link that will allow you to create a free account: https://voicethread.com/register/
Step 2: Learning the Basics
Step 3: Experimenting with VoiceThread by Commenting
* Don't forget that you have opportunities to use the zoom/pan tools as well as markup tools during your comments. You can text, webcam or voice comment easily with most devices.
Other Examples of VoiceThreads from My Online Course
Step 4: Creating Your Own VoiceThread
1) Select your media (if using a slide presentation such as Apple's Keynote, it works well to create the presentation in Keynote, but you will eventually have to export the presentation to Microsoft PowerPoint or PDF when uploading to VoiceThread.
2) Build your content in the presentation software or simply use voice over images or video directly in VoiceThread.
3) Remember to add text and prompts.
4) Add necessary voice-over directions if needed.
5) Share it with someone!
If Blackboard's institutional pricing is out of your district's financial ability, you could start with Blackboard's Coursesites.
A free, yet robust learning management system for organizing your own online or hybrid course.
Prezi is a presentation tool. Instead of slides, Prezi makes use of one large canvas that allows you to pan and zoom to various parts of the canvas and emphasize the ideas presented there.
A grade book, planner, diary, schedule and resource manager all in one app. With the ability to include photo, video, and voice recordings for documentation and evaluation.