Emerson Cheetah Check-In!
December 3rd - Emerson Parent Newsletter
Hello Emerson Families,
I hope you're well and had a great first week back after break. This week we continued with Pooled Testing on Monday, which we will do weekly going forward. This week the pooled testing caught a positive case. This meant that testers returned on Wednesday and we tested everyone in the group (with consent) to identify the positive person. From there we determined next steps based on the class/s that the positive individual/s were in, and next steps for Modified Quarantine. Thank you everyone for you participation in Pooled Testing - it helps keep our community safe!
Vaccine Appointments: Saturday @ Central Kitchen in Oakland - Here is the link to the County vaccine registration page: https://my.primary.health/l/alcoschools
Here are a few upcoming events:
- We are hosting an in-person tour of campus on Saturday the 4th at 10am. This is for prospective families - spread the word.
- We are excited about Picture Day on Tuesday, the 7th!
- We are hosting a Virtual Tour for Prospective Families on Tuesday, the 7th at 5pm - spread the word!
Ms. Champion has been an integral part of the Emerson Community for many years, supporting students, teachers and families. We share this request for support, so that folks can contribute as they are able. With appreciation as always.
Welcome Erin Rush - Intervention Support Specialist in Ms. Mari's Class
Information for families about vaccination policy & exemptions
Elementary Schools: Vaccines for 5-11
In partnership with the City of Oakland, COVID Clinic, ACPHD, CDPH, La Clinica, Kaiser, and Safeway, we are planning to offer 21 elementary schools with on-site vaccination pop-ups during the week of November 15, so that students can have their first shot before Thanksgiving break, which will also allow them to receive their second shot before winter break. Additional pop-ups are also being planned for schools in December and January. The clinics are concentrated at elementary schools in the high-priority zip codes of 94621, 94601, 94603, 94607, 94606, and 94605.
Community Info Session
We'll also be hosting a session on 12/1 from 5-6pm with UCSF, so families can ask questions about the board policy and the vaccine itself of OUSD staff and UCSF pediatricians.
Looking Ahead at Emerson
- December 7th: Picture Day!
- December 7th: Virtual Tour, for 22-23 Prospective Parents - Spread the Word: https://ousd.zoom.us/j/87066125623
- December 14th: Title 1 Annual Meeting & School Site Council Meeting, 5:30pm (Zoom) - https://ousd.zoom.us/j/86036037378
- December 20th-January 2nd: Winter Break - No School!
- January 3rd-5th: Minimum Days (Teacher Planning)
- January 7th: Ms. Noble's Last Day as Kinder Long-Term Sub (Ms. Noble will support Emerson w/ Intervention & Prep Class thru the End of May)
- January 10th: Kinder Class Welcomes Back Ms. Galvin from Maternity Leave
- January 13th: PTA Association Meeting, 6pm
- January 14th: No School, Teacher Planning Day
- January 17th: No School, MLK Day
- January 18th: School Site Council Meeting, 5:30pm
We are a relationship-centered school:
students are known, valued and celebrated.
We support all students:
academic and social emotional programs meet students where they are and accelerate them forward.
We are committed to equity:
we eliminate racial, socioeconomic and gender inequities through culturally relevant learning experiences.
We are a learning community:
with a learning stance, we use inquiry and reflection to improve our practice.