Serrano Eagles Bulletin
Parent Bulletin - December 14, 2015
5 days until the holiday break and these are 5 of the most joyous days of our school year. We will spend the week learning, loving and celebrating each other and are so fortunate to have each other.
This is a bulletin full of tons of exciting and important information - Enjoy!
Happy Holidays from your Serrano Family.
Soaring Moments of the Week
Our Own Miss Avina - SCHOOL NEWS Book Editor
Serrano SLab (Digital Song Lab) - First Session
Kinder Purposeful Grouping - Differentiated Learning Fits the Needs of Each and Every Student
Stay Connected with Serrano
TWEET like an Eagle!
Follow Us on Twitter: @SerranoOUSD (name - Serrano Elementary)
** Tweet your Eagle Pictures to @SerranoEagles and it will show up on our website
Our Twitter Handle has been changed - see new name
What's Coming Up in Week SIXTEEN?
- SETV Episode #7 - Thank you 6th Grade SETV team for continually providing us good news!
- Mrs. Castro's Birthday
- Modified Wednesday - Early Release
- Last day to bring in canned food and toys for donation to the Friendly Center in Orange
- Choir Caroling to Classrooms to celebrate the holidays
- 4th Grade Field Trip (1/2 grade) - see student or teacher for which date they are attending
- 4th Grade Field Trip (1/2 grade)
- Holiday Spirit Day: Dress to celebrate the holidays. Santa hats and holiday shirts are acceptable. Remember - no face paint or hair dye
- Holiday Parties - Room Moms: Please make sure all aspects of your parties are approved by teacher
OUSD LCAP Survey
Please take a few minutes to voice your thoughts in our district LCAP (Local Control Accountability Plan) survey. Your thoughts are valuable to our schools and help to form the direction of the district. Thank you for your time!
SERRANO STEM CHALLENGE - Over Break
- You must include a hypothesis of successes and failures (like in the video)
- You must collect data on successes and failures (like in the video)
- Your machine must have at least five different, CREATIVE, reactions (ex. ball rolls and hits lever to turn on power - THAT IS ONE)
- Your Rube Goldberg must be video taped to include the ENTIRE machine, the student narrating it and a successful trial and loaded to YouTube (if you do not know how to load a video to YouTube, watch: https://youtu.be/oZvBuqRxaPs or videos are very easy to load from smart phone)
- Your video can be no more than 5 minutes
- VIDEO submissions will not be accepted through email so please try the link early if you foresee technical issues.
- VIDEOS are due by SUNDAY, January 10th at 11:59pm (automatic folder close... please don't be up at 11:59pm on the Sunday before school returns :) )
- Click below for video submission link
1) Did you follow all of the requirements?
2) Were you thoughtful in your Rube Goldberg creation?
3) Were you creative?
The winning K-1, 2-3, and 4-6 submission will enjoy LUNCH with the PRINCIPAL upon return!
Can Food and Toy Drive
MOVIE Inspired STEM - After School
When: Starts in January
**Registration and Details will be in the Wednesday folder this week. The course is FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE!