Tony & Amber
line of succesion
IF the president is not able to uphold his 8 roles and all that come with being the president due to death, impeachment this will be the order the next presidency will be chosen in.
the vice president next in line for succession
2. Major roles of the VP
The Major roles of the VP are pretty boring he is can break ties as president of the senate and help decide the president disability.
perks- $230,00/year, Air force 2 one observatory circle
con- no retirement to rely on
3.How has his influence and prominence changed over time?
4.What leaders make up the President's Cabinet?
5.What is the purpose and duty of the Cabinet?
6. What is the purpose of the National Security Council and who is in it?
- The National Security Council was created in 1947 to advise the President on military and foreign policy.
- Helps The President on National Security Concerns and issues
- The National Security Council is made out of the Secretary of State, Secretary of Defense, Secretary of the Treasury, Vice President, Head of the CIA
7. What does the Office of Management and Budget Do?
- The Office of Management and Budget assist the president in preparing the annual federal budget to oversee administration with the executive branch.
- The main idea of Office of Management is to produce the President's budget
8. What are the duties of the Chief of Staff, Press Secretary, and White House Staff members?
9. What is the Federal Bureaucracy?
- Federal Bureaucracy consists of the departments, agencies, that almost anyone can join
- Examples: Postal workers, soldiers etc
- Federal Bureaucracy is divided into three categories of the bureaucracy: Cabinet, Independent Agencies, Regulatory Commissions.
10. Give examples of Agencies within the Cabinet Departments and summarize what they do (8)
They help keep America clean and safe.
- 1 Secretary of Agriculture - head of the us Department of agriculture. The current secretary is Tom
- 2 Secretary of Commerce - Focused on providing American businesses and entrepreneurs with the tools they need to grow and hire
- 3 Secretary of Defense - Secretary of Defense's power over the United States military is second only to that of the President.
- 4 Secretary of Education - Providing federal aid to educational institutions and financial aid to students
- 5 Secretary of Energy - They are concerned with the United States policies regarding energy and safety in handling nuclear material
- 6 Secretary of Labor - Helps us get jobs and benefits
- 7 Secretary of State - The head of the State Department is responsible for foreign affairs.
- 8 Secretary of the Treasury - Deals with all financial and money for government
11. Give examples of Independent Agencies and summarize what they do (6)
USGS-they protect the landscape of the us
Environmental Protection Agency-
Peace Corps-fight for peace
Postal Service-get the mail out to you
USA Freedom Corps-fight for freedom
They are like any other company. They report to America and to the Government. But they provide special services to the President.
12. Give examples of Regulatory Commissions and summarize what they do (4)
Federal Communications Commission-
Department of Energy
Department of Health and Human Services
Have a special watch over what America does. Have critical watch over industries in America