November 9, 2013
Spirit Week Fun
I really appreciate those teachers that went above and beyond; Ms. McNeill, Ms. McCarthy, Ms. Velte, Mrs. Chambers, Mrs. Knuth, and Mrs. Quiggle, by Sumo wrestling at the Pep Rally because their children did so well in the fundraiser. This is AMAZING behavior. We did have 2 injuries, but were checked out and both will be sore for a few weeks, but fine.
Whatever it takes!
Just in case you missed these spirited Stallions this week :)
Report Card Pickup Night
Mrs. deLambert and Mrs. Warren held Parent Portal sessions at 3:00, 4:00, 5:00, and 6:00 in the media center. They said parents appreciated the one-on-one assistance, and it seemed to be extremely helpful to those that attended. We will do again at the next PTSO meeting. Don't forget that grades must be put in your gradebook weekly!
School Spirit - 8th grader, Sophia Priest, created this song and YouTube video for us because she loves our school so much!
Officer Cole will always be a part of our family, but has been promoted to a different unit in the Sherriff's Department. We will miss seeing him daily, but is ONLY a phone call away. In fact, he dropped by Thursday to check in to make sure everything with "his teachers and our school" were OK! :)
Thanks to Rudy!
Stallion PTSO Rocks!
Remember: Our next PTSO meeting will be November 19 from 5 to 6 p.m. We will highlight our newly named basketball teams, cheerleaders, and pep band at this event. We will also have another session about Parent Portal for anyone interested.
Tuesday, Nov. 12th 2013 at 8am to Friday, Nov. 15th 2013 at 3pm
2309 Tramway Road
Coming up Next Week
- Monday - Veterans Day Holiday
- Tuesday - Picture makeups, Paxton Patterson Visit, Science PLC, Home game for volleyball and soccer (last game of season)
- Wednesday - Spelling Bee Classroom Winner Due to Mrs. Derr and Baskeball tryouts start
*Benchmarks ALL week - PLEASE be flexible and have backup plans if SchoolNet is down/not working.
Paxton Patterson Visit
Tuesday, Nov. 12th 2013 at 10-11am
2309 Tramway Road
LCS Board of Education Meeting
Tuesday, Nov. 5th 2013 at 6pm
1708 Nash Street
SLMS goals for 2013-14 school year
- Create an environment for students, staff, and community to be involved in decision making.
- Increase level of rigor and student choice and voice throughout the school.
- Increase collaboration vertically at the school level and horizontally at the district level with a focus on student learning.