Bad Passwords; What are they?
It is a common problem for people to make bad (easy to guess) passwords. When they make bad passwords (like the ones listed below) hackers can gain easy access to your accounts!
Some tips to creating safe passwords are:
- Do make them long (at least seven characters, ideally longer).
- Do include mixes of uppercase letters, lowercase letters, numbers and, where permitted, symbols like !@#&*.
- Do include at least one symbol, ideally in the second through sixth position.
- Do use at least four different characters (don't just repeat the same ones).
- Do use different passwords for different systems.
- Do change them regularly.