LHS Weekly Update
Good Evening, Leonardtown Raiders!
Wednesday, April 11
- CAP for Seniors
- Allegany College of Maryland college visit
- American Pool career visit
- 11th grade Pre-AP Exam administration during A lunch in the Media Center
- JV Baseball/Softball v/s Northern, Home @ 4:30pm
- V Baseball/Softball v/s Northern, Away @ 3:30pm
- Boys Lacrosse v/s Chopticon, Away, JV @ 4:30pm, V @ 6:00pm
PROM - April 21
On April 2, 2018 prom ticket registration and payment began. The deadline to register and pay for a ticket is April 18, 2018 at 3 pm. Please keep in mind that the school bank closes at 2:45 pm. There will be NO EXECEPTIONS to this deadline. This year’s prom, A Knight to Remember, will take place on April 21, 2018 from 7-11 pm at the Hollywood Volunteer Fire Department Hall. The cost for each ticket is $45. Only juniors and seniors are permitted to purchase tickets. Any student purchasing a ticket for an out of school guest must also complete the out of school guest form. The guest must be registered through FamilyID, but a physical form is required as well. The form can be scanned and uploaded directly to FamilyID, but may also be submitted directly to Mrs. Harding. The guest form can be found attached below.
All attendees MUST have a ticket registration on file through FamilyID in order to attend the dance. Physical prom tickets will be distributed the Thursday and Friday (April 19-20) before the event.
FamilyID (www.familyid.com) is a secure registration platform that provides you with an easy, user-friendly way to sign-up and pay for school events, and helps us to be more administratively efficient and environmentally responsible. When you register through FamilyID, the system keeps track of your information in your FamilyID profile. You enter your information only once for each family member for multiple uses and multiple programs.
Anyone who wishes to participate in Prom must already have or must create a FamilyID account. Parents/Guardians must be part of the account/registration process. Families that already have a FamilyID account do not need to create a new account and should not create a new account.
FAMILYID REGISTRATION PROCESS:
A parent/guardian should register by clicking on this link:
Follow these steps:
1. To find your program, click on the link provided by the Organization above and select the registration form under the word Programs.
2. Next click on the green Register Now button and scroll, if necessary, to the Create Account/Log In green buttons. If this is your first time using FamilyID, click Create Account. Click Log In, if you already have a FamilyID account.
3. Create your secure FamilyID account by entering the account owner’s First and Last names (parent/guardian), E-mail address and password. Select I Agree to the FamilyID Terms of Service. Click Create Account.
4. You will receive an email with a link to activate your new account. (If you don’t see the email, check your E-mail filters (spam, junk, etc.).
5. Click on the link in your activation E-mail, which will log you in to FamilyID.com
6. Once in the registration form, complete the information requested. All fields with a red* are required to have an answer.
7. Click the Continue button when your form is complete.
8. Review your registration summary.
9. Click the green Pay & Submit button
10. On the next screen, click on Proceed to Payment to be directed to the payment processor (MySchoolBucks).
11. In MySchoolBucks, you may log-in to your MySchoolBucks account or use a credit or debit card to process your payment. Input the cardholder’s full name, the card number, address and any other required information (***See note below).
12. After you click Pay, you will receive a completion email from the payment processor confirming your payment and an email from FamilyID confirming your registration.
***Please note that you can still pay with cash or check at the LHS school bank if you prefer. However, you will still need to register on FamilyID. Please make checks out to Leonardtown High School and place “Account 619” on the memo line. Your payment must be received by April 18, 2018 at 3 pm.
At any time, you may log in at www.familyid.com to update your information and to check your registration(s).
To view a completed registration, select the 'Registration' tab on the blue bar.
· If you need assistance with registration, contact FamilyID at: email@example.com or 888-800-5583 x1.
· Support is available 7 days per week and messages will be returned promptly.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the 2018 LHS Prom, please contact Mrs. Harding at firstname.lastname@example.org
2018-2019 Registration Procedures
- Registration will be held from Mar 19-April 10. Students will be called to the library during their English classes. They will have an opportunity to meet with their counselor, discuss teacher recommendations, review their graduation requirements and plan for next year.
- If a student is not able to meet with their counselor during this time period, they will be called down to see their counselor by the end of May.
- Parents and students will be able to view the “course requests” via HAC. If HAC is not accessible, a printout may be requested in the Counseling Office.
- If the student’s and/or parent’s course request conflicts with the teacher’s course recommendation, the student/parent are asked to contact the teacher directly or request a parent/teacher conference. After meeting with the teacher, if the parent still wants to have their student in the desired course, a course waiver will need to be completed.
- Contact student’s School Counselor for further information:
Mr. Wolcott (D-F/GIS)
Ms. Neitz (G-L)
Ms. Crowder (M-R)
Ms. Marino (S-Z)
From the College and Career Center:
- The ASVAB will be given on April 11th, sign up is in the career center.
- The ACCUPLACER test will be given on April 25th for those who plan on attending CSM, sign up is in the career center.
- The Marine recruiter will be here on April 25th to meet with any juniors who are interested in the Naval Reserve Officer Training Corps (NROTC) Scholarship. She will be here during one lunch in the career center for those who are interested!
- There are still scholarship opportunities available for seniors, please stop by the career center to find out more information.
Powder Puff Football
- The Chick-fil-A Leader Academy is holding a powder puff game on April 27th during one-hour lunch to raise money for local cancer research.
- If you want to sign up for a team (one per grade) please do so. The Freshmen are playing the Sophomores and the Juniors are playing the Seniors.
- Please email Samantha at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional questions.
- Tickets will go on sale April 16-26 for $2 (no strongbucks).
- There will also be prizes to the winning teams.
To sign up...click here