Klem South Penguin Press
Winter has officially arrived and the excitement of the first snowflakes for our children helps to keep the spirit bright! Every year, I love to watch the kids play in the snow or look at it trickling down from the sky! Their awe and amazement reminds me that with each changing season, we can find joy and peace.
This year has certainly felt different and we understand that everyone is facing a new holiday season. We are here to support our children and families and we encourage you to reach out if you need support.
As we continue to monitor the health and safety of our community, we thank you for your diligence to the policies and procedures in place. We all must do our part to keep one another safe. If your child is ill, please continue to report absences to our attendance line. Our school nurse will follow-up with you if a doctor's note or COVID test is needed to return to school.
We are extremely grateful for our daily interactions with our students, both in person and virtually. We appreciate your partnership and wish you a happy holiday season.
Martha End and The Klem South Team
Tune in each night, starting on December 11th!
Click here to view the read alouds that will run from December 11th through December 22nd.
Attention 4th and 5th Graders! Let's Connect!
News from PE
Check it out!!!! Grades 3-5 have a Google Classroom that will have some updates and messages to students for alternate activities to do at home. Be sure to check it out! Grades K-2 have a PE Seesaw Account that also has some interactive activities for students to try.
We love hearing from students through both accounts. Keep being active!!
Grades 1-2-- FFXC EAPJ (expires Dec. 10th)
Kindergarten- BPAV PVFO (expires Dec. 10th)
- Google Classroom
Grades 3-5-- afejjgb
Box Tops for Education
News from the Klem South PTSA
The PTSA has helped to bring singer, Jared Campbell to Klem South. Jared will offer a virtual assembly for all hybrid and remote students on Friday, December 18th.
We hope you can join us for our next virtual event, which is a Snowman Building Contest! Please see details below.
Please join us for the December meeting on Monday, December 21 from 6:30-730 PM. Click here to join the Google Meet!
Welcome Back Jared Campbell!
Resources for Parents from NetSmartz
Families Igniting Racial Equity (F.I.R.E) Monthly Meeting
10 Tips for Coping with Stress During the Holidays
1. Acknowledge your feelings - you can't force yourself to feel jolly
2. Reach out - if you're feeling isolated, even reaching out to a virtual community can still be supportive
3. Be realistic - holidays might look different this year. It doesn't have to be perfect
4. Set aside differences - we are all living through a major stressor right now - each of us will respond to that differently
5. Stick to a budget!
6. Plan ahead to avoid the stress of last minute needs
7. Give yourself permission to say "no."
8. Don't abandon healthy habits - this is not the time to deprive yourself of sleep, healthy food or activity
9. Take a breather - give yourself permission to spend just 15 quiet minutes in the day
10. Seek help if you need it.
Adapted from the Mayo Clinic