From the Desk of Mrs. Riley
November 15, 2018
It's hard to believe that this is the final newsletter before our Thanksgiving break! There is much to share:
- What a wonderful Veteran's Day Celebration we had here at school. It was humbling to meet the many heroes of our school community and to be able to express our appreciation for all of their sacrifices.
- OLGC will be holding its 2nd annual Day of Giving on Tuesday, January 29th. Below you will find the "Save the Date." Last year, $16,000 was raised from our generous donors. We were able to completely renovate and open a brand new Digital Learning Commons. This year our goal is $20,000. All monies raised will be used to purchase brand new iPads for students in Grades 1-4, as well as additional HD Smartpanels. We are in the process of replacing the old Smartboards and projectors with new Smartpanels that no longer require a projector. The cost of each Smartpanel is $3500. We have been able to purchase 4 and are looking to purchase 7 more. Please spread the word about this 24-hour donation event. More information will follow in the coming weeks.
- Our OLGC School Choir has submitted its entry song in the 2018 101.1 More FM Christmas Choir Competition!! We will find out next week if they qualify as a semi-finalist. Below you will find the audio file of the choir singing their entry song titled, "Christmas Songs of Joy." It is absolutely beautiful and we are so very proud of them. Students who are still interested in joining the choir may reach out to Mr. Elmarakby.
- Our PAC students Fall performance, "Rockin' Through the Ages" will take place this Saturday, November 17th at 7:30 PM. BREAK A LEG to all of our performers!!
- Re-registration for the 2019-2020 school year is well underway! Thank you to the many families that have already re-registered their children. There are two weeks left to re-register your child and take advantage of the discounted registration fee. This promotion will end on Friday, November 30th.
- OLGC will be holding "Our Little Angels Christmas Social" for current and prospective parents and students in Pre-K, K and Grade 1 on Wednesday, December 12th. Please mark your calendars and look for more information in the coming weeks.
- This Friday, November 16th is the final day to send in any donations for our Thanksgiving Basket Drive. We have already raised almost $1000 which will purchase supermarket gift cards to complete the baskets. Baskets will then be donated to families in need.
- Our Kids Stuff Book Sale has concluded. If you decided not to purchase the coupon book that was sent home please return it by Monday. If you plan to purchase it please send in payment or make your payment on line.
ON BEHALF OF THE FACULTY AND STAFF OF OUR LADY OF GOOD COUNSEL SCHOOL, I WOULD LIKE TO TAKE THIS OPPORTUNITY TO WISH EACH OF OUR SCHOOL FAMILIES A VERY HAPPY AND BLESSED THANKSGIVING HOLIDAY! SCHOOL WILL CLOSE AT 11:45 AM ON WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 21ST AND REOPEN ON TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 27TH. THERE WILL BE NO PM CARES ON WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 21ST.
"NO DUTY IS MORE URGENT THAN THAT OF RETURNING THANKS!" ST. AMBROSE
Thank you for your constant support and prayers for our school. I encourage you to continue to support our work as we advance our mission to provide a transformative education steeped in academics and faith to our deserving students. There is no greater investment for forming our future saints than a Catholic education!
Please carefully review this week's newsletter for many reminders and updates. We thank you for entrusting your children to us and for the sacrifices you make each day to send your child(ren) to Our Lady of Good Counsel Catholic School.
Mrs. Barbara Riley
2018 OLGC School Choir
"Christmas Songs of Joy"
OLGC Marketing Department
OLGC 2018 Choir: Christmas Songs of Joy by OLGC Marketing Department
Re-Registration 2019-2020 School Year
Thank you for choosing Our Lady of Good Counsel Catholic School and Catholic Education for your children! Re-registration of current school families for the 2019-2020 School Year has officially begun.
Registration of new families will begin on December 1, 2018.
In order to re-register, families must be up to date on current tuition payments. We ask that you please fill out the Re-registration Form accordingly and return it to school along with payment in an envelope marked “Re-registration.” Please know that forms will not be accepted and students will not be considered registered unless payment is included.
If you have any questions or need to discuss current tuition circumstances, please feel free to contact the Principal or Business Manager. Once again, we thank you for the continued sacrifices you make to send your children to Our Lady of Good Counsel Catholic School.
Click to download & print a Re-Registration Form for your child(ren):
Re-Registration Form 2019-2020
Day of Giving 2019 - Save The Date
2019 Spring Fling Auction Night
You could bid on the following prizes/Raffle Baskets...
A Scentsy Basket donated by the Gentile Family - NEW!
A 4-night, 5-day stay at a cozy 2-bedroom, 2-bath condo (sleeps 4) with a pool in North Wildwood. Mutually agreed upon Monday thru Friday dates in 2019 donated by the Greenleaf Family - NEW!
And SO MUCH MORE!!!
Thank you so much to our donors & if you would like to donate a Raffle Basket or prize, please complete the Auction Donation Form on our school website or email our P.I.E. Organization at firstname.lastname@example.org. Stay tuned for more updates on donations, tickets & more!
Important Flyers & Information
Holton's Heroes - OLGC Christmas Service Project
November Book Club with Mrs. Chirico
To view this flyer on our school website, please click HERE.
OLGC Barnes & Noble Night 12/3
OLGC Lunch Program - December Menu
*Due to today’s inclement weather (11/15/18), our regularly scheduled Chick-fil-A lunch was canceled. All children who ordered hot lunch were given a hotdog lunch today. There is no charge for today’s lunch (11/15/18). Since many December menus have already been returned, please deduct $6 from your JANUARY menu as a credit for today’s lunch (11/15/18) if it was ordered.*
Phanatic About Reading Contest
Our "Phantaic About Reading" Contest is well underway! Thank you to those who have completed & returned Reading Logs. A supply of reading logs was distributed to all students last week. If you would like to print your own reading log, please click HERE.
We will be tracking all of the reading minutes during our special events and at home. Once the log is complete, please send it back to your teacher in order to update our school's progress.
Stay tuned for more updates because OLGC IS PHANATIC ABOUT READING!
PAC 2018 Fall Show "Rockin' Through the Ages"
Santa Shoppe 2018
Our 2018 Santa Shoppe is fast approaching! This year's Santa Shoppe will be held on Monday, December 3rd. We are looking for volunteers to help us with this special day for our students.
To sign-up to volunteer for our 2018 Santa Shoppe, please click HERE.
Important Dates to Remember
11/17: PAC Fall Show - "Rockin' Through the Ages"
11/19: Field Trip Grades 5 and 6
11/21: 7th Grade Mass 11:45 AM Dismissal for Thanksgiving Break - NO PM CARES
11/22 - 11/26: NO SCHOOL - Thanksgiving Break
11/27: Classes Resume
11/28: 6th Grade Mass
11/29: Dress Down Day - $1
11/30: Community Homeroom - 8:45 AM; End of 1st Trimester
12/3: 2nd Trimester Begins; Santa Shoppe; OLGC Barnes & Noble Night
12/5: 5th Grade Mass
12/6: Field Trip Grade 8
12/7: NO SCHOOL - Faculty Inservice Day; Snowball Dance - Grades 6, 7 & 8
12/10: Report Card Distribution; Band Concert - 7:00 PM
12/11: Picture retakes - 9:00 AM
12:12: "Our Little Angels Christmas Social" - Pre-K, K & Grade 1 - 9:00 AM; 4th Grade Mass
12/13: Christmas Concert Practice
12/14: Christmas Concert
Our Lady of Good Counsel Catholic School
"Our Lady of Good Counsel Catholic School, under the guidance of Mary, seeks to empower students to commit to Christian service, dedicate their lives to Gospel values, and lead with academic excellence."