GRE Family Gazette
August 11, 2019
To make sure you are back to school ready, please check out the "to-do" list below and reach out to us if you have any questions.
Here's to a great school year!
Principal, General Rosecrans Elementary
Family Back to School Checklist:
2. Plan to attend Meet & Greet on August 12th. Students with a last name that begins with A-K should attend between 2:00-3:00 and students with last name L-Z should attend from 3:00-4:00. After meeting your teacher, pick up a Scavenger Hunt in their classroom. Complete the scavenger hunt and bring it to your last stop which will be on the playground for a popsicle with Ms. Thoma! By completing the scavenger hunt and turning it in, you will be eligible for a drawing for some cool prizes! Winners will be announced on Monday.
3. Make sure you are set for day 1 by double checking our School Supply List found here. If you ordered a School Supply box it will be delivered to your child's classroom for Meet and Greet.
4. Add money to your child's lunch account or send in a check made out to Big Walnut Food Services.
5. Review drop off and pick up procedures attached below so that you are aware how traffic flows. It is very important that all of our families adhere to these procedures in order to keep our students safe. We highly recommend after the "first day jitters" are over, to help your child gain independence by walking into school themselves.
6. Snap a back to school photo with your siblings or friends and tag our Facebook page found @GREeagles. Use the hashtag #welcomeback to meet other families and friends that are a part of our amazing school!
August 12: Meet & Greet 2-4 PM
August 14: First Day of School: Grades 1-4
August 14-15: Kindergarten Appointments
August 16: Kindergarten Lists live in PowerSchool
August 19: First Day of School: Kindergarten
August 29: Curriculum Night @ 6pm
Sept. 12: PTO Meeting @ 6:30