WELCOME TO THE 2022-2023 SCHOOL YEAR
Message From the Principal
Our administrative team is honored to serve Metzler Elementary School. It is a privilege to work with a community where parents, teachers and students care for each other and strive to build positive relationships that engage in relevant and rigorous education while supporting the academic and social growth for each student.
I hope that we are able to answer all of your questions in this newsletter. We look forward to seeing all of you at our Meet the Teacher Night on Monday, August 8.
If you have any questions, please contact our school office at 832-484-7900.
Danis Boone, Principal
A World of Possibilities
School Spirit Shirts
Fridays are school spirit shirt day. Show your school spirit and order your shirt(s) today! Click on the link below to order you and your child(ren) school spirit shirts. You can choose from heavy cotton or performance, or you can order both. There are youth and adult sizes available. The store will close on August 26th at 4:00 pm. Shirts will be delivered to the school and will come home in your child's backpack on September 12th.
Annual Student Update
Each year, all returning families must update their students' information in our Skyward system. Parents must go into Skyward and complete the Annual Student Information Update (ASIU) for students that were enrolled in a Klein ISD campus at the conclusion of the 2021-22 school year before we can assign a teacher. Students will be assigned to a teacher for the 2022-23 school year when this has been done. Please ensure you complete this step by August 5, 2022.
NEW STUDENT ENROLLMENT
STEP 1: REQUEST ENROLLMENT ACCESS
FAMILIES NEW TO KLEIN ISD ONLY
Returning families enrolling additional students OR living in a new attendance zone proceed to next step.
Before completing the online enrollment application, you must request enrollment access.
You will need your
- Contact Information
- Email Address
Once your request is submitted, you will be emailed a username and password. Please save this email or write down the username and password. This username and password will be used to submit your Online Enrollment Request in step 2.
You must login to the "Enrollment Access" login area on the Skyward Family Access Portal to complete the enrollment application. You received your username and password in an email in step 1.
Once you login, enter information for each student you wish to enroll. The system will assign the campus for the student based on the student's date of birth and home address.
To expedite your student’s enrollment, please be prepared to submit the following documents electronically while you are completing the New Student Online Enrollment application.
- Proof of residency in Klein ISD
- Current gas, water, or electricity bill with parent/guardian name/address
- Lease agreement with all children listed on the lease along with a utility bill listed above
- Earnest Money Contract (utility bill required within 30 days of closing on the home)
- Proof of child’s identity (original birth certificate preferred)
- Transcript/report cards from previous school
- Complete immunization health records
- Student's Social Security Card (preferred)
- Parent/Guardian Identification (preferred)
2022-2023 School Meal Prices
Elementary Breakfast - $1.50
Elementary Lunch - $2.50
FREE OR REDUCED PRICED MEAL
APPLICATION NOW OPEN!
* For the 2022-2023 school year, the USDA will no longer offer waivers allowing all students to eat for free.*
To determine if a student qualifies for free or reduced priced meals, families are encouraged to apply electronically at https://kisd.us/frmealapp.
- Applications need to be filled out each school year
- Families will need to sign into their existing SchoolCafé account or create a new account.
- Families will be notified with eligibility results within 10 business days.
Click here for a step by step guide to applying!
Click here to apply now!
Metzler Meet the Teacher
Parents you will receive an email from your child(ren)'s teacher(s) on Friday, August 5th at 4:00 pm. Please be sure you have completed the student update before this time as your child(ren) can not be assigned a teacher until the update has been completed.
Things to do:
- Meet you child's teacher
- Drop off school supplies (if you pre ordered a school supply pack it will be delivered to your child's classroom)
- Find your bus route
- Order a Metzler Spirit Shirt
- Pick up a carpool tag
- Visit our PTO
Many of you were able to purchase your child's(ren) school supplies during our pre-sale, if you did not, here are a few other options:
-You can still purchase supplies through EPI, although you will have to pay shipping costs. Visit EPI at www.educationalproducts.com/ShopPacks and use code MET053 (three letters, three numbers). Please note your order may not be received prior to the first day of school.
-You can also purchase supplies on your own. Our supply lists can be found on our Metzler website under Family Resources (Metzler.kleinisd.net). It is also attached below.
**Students in Pre-K will need a nap mat in addition to the other supplies listed.**
Our school hours are 8:10-3:25. Instruction begins promptly at 8:10 am. Students not in class at 8:10 am will be marked tardy. To ensure a smooth start to your child's day, please ensure your child is at school prior to 8:10 am. Students may start arriving to school at 7:40 am. Please do
not drop your child off prior to 7:40 am, as staff members will not be on duty to supervise them. Breakfast will be available in the cafeteria starting at 7:40 am.
If you need to drop your child off prior to 7:40 am, Campus Kids Before and After School Program is available at Metzler. For information about this program please contact Campus Kids.
Campus Kids Enrollment:
Contact Campus Kids at 281-468-8013 or 281-222-4186
Visit the Campus Kids website at www.campuskidsllc.com
FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL
Carpool Drop off is on the south side of the building facing West Rayford Road
- Students may start entering the building at 7:40
- Please make sure car riders have their backpacks and exit vehicles expeditiously, on the passenger side.
- Vehicles should pull all the way up to the end of the sidewalk along the carpool porch
- Students may not be dropped off in the parking lot.
- All adults must stay in their car while dropping students off, when parents/guardians get out of their cars it delays drop off and can cause a back up and delay students from getting to class on time. If your child needs assistance, roll down you window and a staff member will assist.
- Please place a tag on your child's backpack that includes their first and last names and the name of their teacher.
- There will be staff members stationed in the hallways to assist them in finding their classrooms.
Carpool Pickup is on the south side of the building facing West Rayford Road
- Dismissal begins at 3:25
- We ask that all drivers follow the designated car rider route and be attentive by refraining from talking and/or texting on your cell phone while in the school zone. The safety of our students, faculty, and staff is our upmost priority.
- To pick up students in the car rider area, you will need a carpool tag in your windshield. Families with students in multiple grade levels will be issued a car number based on the grade of the youngest child.
- Each family must have their own carpool tag - You will need a carpool tag for your child(ren) and the carpool tag of the child(ren) that is riding with you
- Carpool tags will be issued during Meet the Teacher.
- The lane closest to the school will be reserved for Pre-K and Kinder students. The other lanes will be reserved for families of students in 1st-5th grades.
- All cars in the immediate pick-up area must be loaded before cars are allowed to move forward.
- All adults must stay in their car while picking students up, when parents/guardians get out of their cars it delays pick up and can cause a back up and delay dismissal.
- Please remove your carpool tag from your windshield once your child(ren) is in the vehicle. This will help us determine when the line can move forward to exit the pick-up area.
Please click on the attachment below to view carpool procedures and a map of the carpool route.
To enter the building, please have your ID ready, as you will be asked to show it and state the nature of your visit. Once entry is granted, you will be able to proceed to the front office. I know it is awkward, but please do not allow other visitors to follow you into the building, as we will need to validate each entry request. Thank you for your support with keeping our students and staff safe!
LUNCH VISITOR SCHEDULE
Due to limited space each grade level will have a designated day for lunch visitors. Lunch visits will begin on August 29th. This will allow time for our Huskies to learn cafeteria procedures prior to having visitors.
1st Grade- Monday
2nd Grade- Tuesday
3rd Grade- Wednesday
4th Grade- Thursday
5th Grade- Thursday
**There will be exceptions for student birthdays