MacArthur 4K News
December 14th, 2015
- We did many gingerbread activities for literacy and math. We read several different versions of The Gingerbread Man and compared them. We also watched a short gingerbread video on Thursday. Ask your child what happens in the story and who the Gingerbread Man runs away from. Also, ask them what happens at the end of the story.
- We learned a new chart using our names: I'm a Gingerbread boy/girl, As quick as can be. My name is _________, You can't catch me! Each of the students was able to come up to the front and use the pointer to point to the words as we read it.
- We watched the K-5 Holiday Concert. The 4K students were an excellent audience!
This Week in 4K:
- Library Story Time - Monday; Book bags will go home again Monday so the students can read their books to you. Last week, they added The Gingerbread Baby to the bag. Please have your child read the new book and any others you wish and return the books in the bag by Thursday.
- We will be working on sequencing numbers and putting number cards in order 1-5 and later 1-10. Continue to work on counting 1-20 or higher and also recognizing numbers 1-20.
- We will be creating a shape chart and will work on naming and describing shapes. (Circle, square, rectangle, triangle and hexagon) We will count the number of sides and corners each shape has.
- We will be doing two tree art projects.
- Tuesday, December 15th - Show and Tell Day. Students can bring in one toy, book, or photo to share and tell about. (No toys with weapons please)
- Tuesday, December 15th - Vision Screening
- Friday, December 18th - Play date from 10-11:30. We will be doing some holiday activities and decorating a Christmas cookie. Please join us for part of the time or feel free to stay the whole time.
- Wednesday, December 23rd - Pajama and Movie Day!
Payton (PM Class) - December 13th
Joe (PM Class) - December 22nd
Oscar (AM Class) - December 23rd
Riley (PM Class) - December 23rd
Jackson (PM Class) - December 25th
You are welcome to send a treat or healthy snack with your child on their birthday. We have 20 students in the morning and 16 in the afternoon.