Miss Lotter's Leaders
Parent Newsletter April 25-April 29
PEEK AT THE WEEK!
Math: In math this week, we will be MAP testing and beginning our short units on measurement, data, and geometry.
Language Arts: We will continue accountability in daily five this week! Each day, the students will track their choices and what they accomplished during each round. Students will have the option to listen to reading, read to self, work on words, and work on writing.
-We will be focusing on academic and unknown vocabulary. In preparation for the EOGs, we are going to hit vocabulary strategy lessons hard so that the kids are more than prepared! We will also be MAP testing this week.
In writing, we will be focusing on writing an opinion essay. We will have a strong focus on the structure and technical aspects of this writing piece.
Science: In science, we will be continuing a very fun unit on rocks and minerals!
WHAT IS GOING ON IN ROOM 312?
This is my favorite thing that has happened this week! I love my kiddos!
REMINDERS AND SUPPORT!
Please join us for the play this weekend!!
Upcoming Dates to Remember:
- Monday, May 2, through Friday, May 6, Teacher Appreciation Week
- Tuesday, May 3, Faculty Meeting at 3:30 in the media center
- Tuesday, May 10, ACS Teacher Recruitment Fair at Central Office 2pm until 5pm
- Saturday, May 14, 5K for the Boys Running Group
- Monday, May 16, through Friday, May 20, EOG Spirit Week
- Thursday, May 19, Potluck of Learning & Community Drum Circle from 5:30-8:00
- Friday, May 20, Spring Book Fair begins
- EOG Tests May 24-June 7
- Monday, June 6, Kindergarten registration
- Tuesday, June 7, K Graduation
- Wednesday, June 8, 5th Graduation at 9:00
- Thursday, June 9, Required Workday
- Monday, June 13, through Friday, June 17, EOG remediation & retesting
-We need class snack (Preferably something already in individual portions)
-We could also use notebook paper and folders.
-As always, the most support we need is for you to continue to encourage your child to come to school and try their best! Also, to really help them in becoming a leader through emphasizing those leadership habits whenever possible.