Hello HHES Families,
We have learned a lot from visiting with students this week in classrooms, on the playground, walking to class, and in the cafeteria. It's always fun to hear student perspectives on the activities that happen throughout the day.
We encourage you to check out our Facebook page to see some of the on-goings of our campus. We try to share something every day with families.
On November 10th we will have having our Veterans Day Assemblies. If you would like to submit a photo for our assembly, please access the information on how to do this below on the Veterans Day flier.
Please remember there is no school on Friday, October 14th for a teacher in-service day.
Enjoy your weekend!
Mr. Robertson & Mrs. Colpron
Parent Drop-off & Pick-up Reminders
Reminder: School starts at 8:00am
* Pull all the way forward before letting your students out of the car
* Drive slow through the parking lots, this ensures the safety of our students
* Buses will be given the right way when exiting our parking lot
* Please follow the hand signals of the adult helping cars exit and enter our parking lot
Thank you for helping us keep our students, families and staff safe.
Picture Retake day is Tuesday, November 1st
Parent Teacher Conferences
Students are released at 11:15am DAILY.
Classroom teachers will be reaching out to you soon in order to schedule a conference.
Bully Prevention Poster Contest
October is National Bullying Prevention Month!
On October 19th we will be wearing orange to honor National Bully Prevention Month.
To raise awareness Hockinson PWT and Hockinson Community Education want to encourage students to design a poster for bullying prevention.
Create a poster that shows what YOU can do to prevent bullying and to promote kindness.
* 1 winner selected from each school.
* Winners will receive special recognition and an art supply gift.
* Posters should be submitted by the end of school day on Friday, October 14th to your school office.
* Winning Posters will be displayed
Here are the guidelines:
* Design a poster related to anti-bullying
* Be creative! Use words, draw pictures, make it colorful! Be You!
* Size limitations- 8.5"x11"paper to poster board size.
Winners will be announced on October 19th, which is Unity Day.
Do you want to volunteer?
Please use the following link to submit your volunteer clearance for the 2022-23 year.
Character Trait: Safety
October 14th No School, Teacher In-Service Day
October 17th - 21st Bus Safety Week
October 17th & 18th Hearing/Vision Screening
October 24th - 28th Conference Week (students released at 11:15am)
October 25th Late Night Conferences
Character Trait: Respect
November 1st Picture Retakes
November 10th Veterans Day Assemblies
November 11th No School, Veterans Day
November 23rd - 15th No School, Thanksgiving Break