The Principal's Message
Crossroads South Middle School
December 3rd, 2018
FROM THE PRINCIPAL...
I hope that everyone enjoyed a wonderful Thanksgiving break. We had a great return to school this past week and we are looking forward to a few solid weeks prior to Winter Break. Please continue to send in FOOD donations for the SB Food Pantry. Our "PIE IN THE FACE" competition has yielded some great donations that go right back to the families of South Brunswick.
- EARLY RELEASE DAY: This Wednesday, December 5th, is an Early Release Day for Professional Development.
- WINTER CONCERT SERIES: Our Winter Concert Series will begin this week! Please join us for three wonderful nights of music and celebration.
DECEMBER 6th - BAND CONCERT 7pm @ SBHS
DECEMBER 13th - ORCHESTRA CONCERT 7pm @ SOUTH
DECEMBER 20th - CHORAL CONCERT 7pm @ SBHS
- TRIMESTER 1 ENDS/T2 BEGINS: Trimester 1 ends this Thursday. This is a very important time to check GENESIS to review your child's current progress. Report Cards will be officially posted on MONDAY, DECEMBER 17th. This allows teachers time to finish grading final projects, etc.
- NEW TRIMESTER ENCORE CLASSES: With the new trimester, brings a new trimester ENCORE class for your child. For 6th Grade students, this means that your child will also change World Language Samplers. All of this is posted on GENESIS. However, if your child forgets, they can always come to SPS to check his/her schedule for the change.
- PATTERNS ASSEMBLY: This Friday, December 7th, is our first PATTERNS Assembly for the year. At the close of the trimester, we use this assembly to celebrate reading accomplishments, select winners for our RESPECT tickets, and have fun! Be sure to ask your students about this fun event. As such, we will run our regular schedule on a delay. All classes will still meet.
- FOOD DRIVE: It is not too late to send in your DONATIONS for our own South Brunswick Food Pantry. Please bring a donation to conferences on Monday. Bins are located in the library and by the main entrance.
- SOCIAL MEDIA: Now is a great time to open the conversation with your child regarding his/her appropriate use of technology and the digital profile they are creating on social media. Please remind your children that their behavior online holds consequences. Use these tools for good!
- AFTERSCHOOL: As a reminder, students are only permitted to stay after school if they are participating in a school-sponsored club, activity, or event. This includes students staying as spectators of our athletic program. Please note that they must stay with that event and they are not permitted to go anywhere off campus. Please feel free to call Administration with any specific questions.
- IMPORTANT BUS NOTE: Please remember that students are only permitted to ride his/her regular bus home. You cannot go home on another bus. Our busses are full and any additional students have left others without a seat and in a potentially dangerous situation. If your child wishes to go home with another student, you must coordinate either a parent pickup at the school or a parent pickup at your house. Thank you for your understanding.
Go to this link for a wealth of up-to-date resources from our School Nurses, Jennifer Duvelsdorf & Janice Royer.
- 12/3 - BOE Meeting @ 7:00pm
- 12/5 - EARLY RELEASE DAY - School Planning
- 12/6 - WINTER CONCERT SERIES (Band) @ SBHS 7:00pm
- 12/6 - Trimester 1 ENDS
- 12/7 - Trimester 2 BEGINS
- 12/7 - PATTERNS Assembly
- 12/13 - WINTER CONCERT SERIES (Strings) @ SOUTH 7:00pm
- 12/15 - Social Media Symposium Parent Academy
- 12/17 - BOE Meeting @ 7:00pm
- 12/20 - WINTER CONCERT SERIES (Chorus) @ SBHS 7:00pm
- 12/21 - EARLY RELEASE - Winter Break
- 1/2 - RETURN TO SCHOOL
- 1/3 - BOE Meeting @ 7:00pm
- 1/8 - Gettysburg Parent Meeting @ SOUTH 6:30pm
- 1/9 - PTO Meeting @ NORTH 7:00pm **SPECIAL PRESENTATION: VAPING**
- 1/11 - 7th Grade Trip
- 1/14 - BOE Meeting @ 7:00pm
- 1/18 - Mobile Dentist Visit
- 1/21 - NO SCHOOL - MLK Jr. DAY
- 1/24 - EARLY RELEASE DAY - PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- 2/4 - BOE Meeting @ 7:00pm
- 2/8 - SCHOOL MUSICAL @ 7:00pm
- 2/9 - SCHOOL MUSICAL @ 2:00pm
- 2/12 - Staff vs. Student Basketball Game (after school)
- 2/14 - Author Visit
- 2/18 - NO SCHOOL - President's Day
- 2/19 - BOE Meeting @ 7:00pm
UPCOMING PTO EVENTS!
- FOOD DRIVE: The FOOD Drive ends December 7th! Thank you for all of your donations!