Chandler High Wolf Bytes
School of Champions
Come out and support the Varsity Wolves as they take on the Hamilton Huskies this Friday, October 30th, at home. Tickets are on sale all week in the CHS Bookstore from 8:00-11:00am and 1:00-3:00pm. The game is a blue out, so wear your Chandler blue!
The Badminton Team celebrated Senior Night on October 21st after a great match against Corona del Sol. Good luck to the players who will be competing in the State Play-offs, and congratulations to the following seniors: Daisee Vannasap, Sopawaady Ea, Quiara Caguiat, and Qindeel Kanwar.
chs cross country
Congratulations to the Boys and Girls Cross Country team. The girls team won the Chandler City Championships finishing 1-2-3-4-5-6 for a perfect score. The boys team moved up two spots from last year to finish 3rd overall. This week the runners will compete in the sectional championship where they will try to qualify for the state meet.
Last Week's Wins
- Badminton def. Maryvale 9-0
- Freshman Girls Volleyball def. Mountain Pointe 2-1
- Badminton def. Mountain Pointe 8-1
- Freshman B Football def. Brophy 40-0
- Freshman Football def. Brophy 53-14
- JV Football def. Brophy 48-21
- Varsity Football def. Brophy 28-6
this week's home events
- Monday, 10/26: Choir Concert in the CCA @ 7:00pm
- Tuesday, 10/27: Girls Volleyball vs Desert Vista; Freshman @ 4:00pm, JV @ 5:00pm, and Varsity @ 6:00pm
- Wednesday, 10/28: Girls Volleyball vs Perry; Freshman @ 4:00pm, JV @ 5:00pm, and Varsity @ 6:00pm; Freshman B Football vs Hamilton @ 4:00pm; Freshman Football vs Hamilton @ 6:00pm
- Thursday, October 29th: World Language Fair in the CHS Courtyard from 4:00-6:00pm
- Friday, 10/30: Varsity Football vs Hamilton @ 7:00pm
Visit the CHS Calendar to view events being held during Intersession.
CEF IMPACT CHANDLER SCHOLARS PROGRAM OPEN ENROLLMENT OCT. 26- NOV. 9
Chandler Education Foundation’s IMPACT Chandler Scholars Program is a recognition reward program for Chandler Unified School District high school students.
IMPACT Chandler Scholars who complete the program by demonstrating academic excellence, exemplary attendance, and a commitment to service in the community over four years of high school often qualify for scholarship and financial aid opportunities their senior year.
Open Enrollment for 9th graders starts Oct 26 – Nov 9. If you have questions, please see Mrs. Shaw in the Counseling Office.
FREE DRIVER’S PERMIT WORKSHOP
Are you a CHS student, or do you know a CHS student, who needs to take the written permit test in order to get a driver’s license? AAA Arizona is partnering with the Si Se Puede Foundation to offer a FREE workshop that will prepare students for the written driver’s permit test. Workshop dates are Thursday, November 5th OR Wednesday, November 18th from 6-7:30 pm at Chandler High School. To reserve a spot, students should sign up as soon as possible in the Counseling office.
Family Resource Fair
The Chandler High School Counseling Department is pleased to offer an opportunity for parents to learn more about resources available through Chandler High School and the Chandler Unified School District.
- Find ways to help your student find a higher level of academic success in school
- Learn how to track your student’s progress towards graduation (Parent Portal)
- Meet our Social Worker and learn more about services and referrals
- Learn more about tutoring opportunities at CHS and in the community
- Learn more about medical, dental, nutrition, counseling and other services provided by the Chandler Care Center
Who: 9th and 10th grade students and their parent/guardian
When: Tuesday, October 27th from 5:30-6:30pm
Where: Chandler High School Media Center
CHS ALUMNI TAILGATE
The CHS Alumni Association is hosting a reunion tailgate before the CHS vs. HHS football game on October 30th from 4:30-6:30pm. See the flyer below and checkout the tailgate form to pre-order tailgate/game ticket packages at $10 each. The ticket price includes a hot dog or hamburger, chips and a soft drink, plus admission to the game and access to alumni preferred seating.
DECA is hosting a food packing event on November 12th from 3:30-5:30pm at Feed My Starving Children. The group is looking for 80 students and 20 parents to attend. If you are interested in joining us, please see any DECA member or contact Ms. Frahm after school in room 401.
GIRLS SOCCER GOLF TOURNAMENT FUNDRAISER
The Girls Soccer Team is hosting a golf tournament fundraiser on December 6th at Ocotillo Country Club. View the golf registration form for more info and to sign up for our tournament. Registration will close in mid-November.
CUSD BOND FACTS: DID YOU KNOW?
The proposed $196 million bond proceeds would fund:
- Construction, acquisition, additions and/or improvements to new and existing schools -- $81.5 million
- Building renovations, security or site improvements to existing schools -- $53.8 million
- Heating, ventilation, and air condition -- $15 million
- Furniture, equipment, school furnishings, buses, and technology (computers, wireless, etc)-- $39 million
- Renovations to support facilities -- $4.7 million
- Technology, furniture and equipment for support facilities -- $2 million
For additional information, visit the district website.
career center news
COLLEGE PRESENTATIONS: Sign up in the Career Center
- University of Arizona College of Engineering- Thursday, 10/29 @ 8:00am
- University of Northern Colorado- Tuesday, 11/3 @ 10:30am
New presentations are added daily. Visit the Career Center webpage to access the Career Center Calendar and other valuable info.