4th Grade Gazette
Weekly Newsletter • March 29-April 1
What's New This Week
Field Trip to Manassas Battlefield
4th Grade SOL Test Dates Announced
The test dates for the 2016 SOLs for 4th grade are as follows:
- Wednesday, May 11 - Part 1 at 12:30 p.m.
- Thursday, May 12 - Part 2 at 9:30 a.m.
- Friday, May 20th at 12:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, May 24th - Part 1 at 9:30 a.m.
- Wednesday, May 25th - Part 2 at 9:30 a.m.
Next Week in Review
No Spelling Next Week!
Monthly Poem Test - Gettysburg Address
Abraham Lincoln’s Gettysburg Address
Four score and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent, a new nation, conceived in Liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal.
Now we are engaged in a great civil war, testing whether that nation, or any nation so conceived and so dedicated, can long endure… The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here, but it can never forget what they did here…It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us -- that from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion -- that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain -- that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom -- and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth.
REVISED Test Date: Thursday, March 31, 2016
Upcoming Important Dates & Events
- March 21st-28th - Spring Break (No School)
- March 29th - Return to School
- March 31st - School of Excellence Celebration @ 1:30 p.m.
- April 6th - 9th Annual Pennington Arts Gala Festival Display 6 p.m. - 7 p.m.
- April 6th - S.T.E.A.M. Night
- April 11th - Admin/Parent Round Table Session @ 5 p.m.
- April 11th - PTO Board Meeting @ 6 p.m.
- April 11th - PTO General Meeting @ 7 p.m.
- April 15th - PTO Spirit Night
- April 15th - End of Third Grading Period
- April 18th - Teacher Work Day (No School for Students)
- April 19th -22nd -Scholastic Book Fair
- April 20th - Fosters Spirit Night
- April 23rd - PTO Spring Beautification Day 9 a.m. - Noon
- April 25th - Advisory Council Meeting @ 6 p.m.
- April 26th - Report Cards Sent Home
- April 28th - Take Your Child to Work Day
Community Service Opportunity
Pennies for Patients Through April 1st
Pennington will join thousands of schools this year to help raise funds for the Leukemia and Lymphoma society’s annual “Pennies for Patients” program.
Collection: March 7th-April 1st
How can we help?
Students will receive their very own collection box
Students will add what they’ve collected to their classroom collection box
On Fridays we collect the donations and deposit them to LLS Collection
Dates: March 11th, March 16th and April 1st
The top TWO fundraising classrooms will receive a Domino’s pizza party
Classrooms collecting at least $100- Bronze pennant at least $200- Silver pennant at least $300-Gold pennant
To pledge online, please refer to the link on the Pennington home page.