Professional Development in 140 Characters
#TCSTech Chat Spring 2013 Kickoff
Join us for the first 2013 #TCSTech Twitter Chat on Tuesday, February 5, from 7-7:30 pm.
Connect with TCS colleagues, participate in ongoing professional discussions, and earn PD credit from home! See the information below to learn more!
What is #TCSTech Chat?
#TCSTech chat is a hashtagged Twitter chat that brings together educators from throughout the Tuscaloosa City Schools.
Our goal is to use this time to build an online network of local teachers finding innovative solutions to the issues we face in our classrooms each day.
Check out some of our Fall 2012 discussions here!
If you'd like to participate, here are the basics:
- You need a Twitter account you're comfortable using for educational purposes.
- Consider using a tool such as TweetChat or TweetDeck to make it easier to see the hashtagged discussion.
- We have an Edmodo group! It includes guidelines for earning PD credit for chat participation and resources for learning more about Twitter for teachers.
- Email or direct message Laren Hammonds for the Edmodo group code or if you'd like to arrange a face-to-face Twitter practice session prior to participating in the chat.
- Participate in our weekly chat by logging in to Twitter on Tuesdays at 7pm and contributing tweets hashtagged with #TCSTech.