The Barkley-Johnson Bulletin
Week of May 4th-8th
What Are We Learning?
ELA: We are working on a special Opinion Writing project, and are continuing to study all standards as review for the upcoming EOG.
Math: We are reviewing Geometry and working on Measuring Angles.
EOGs are coming up! The Reading EOG is Wednesday, May 27th. The Math EOG is Thursday, May 28th.
EOG Review- Study Island!
All students can use Study Island to review for both Reading and Math for the upcoming EOGs. When they log in to either subject, any subject we have covered this year is available for practice. Any lesson that has NOT earned a blue ribbon is an area that should be worked on. Lessons with a yellow yield sign SHOULD be worked on. Take a look at the student example below as an example. The silver ribbon does NOT count as a blue ribbon. Please take advantage of this opportunity to take control of your learning and to prepare for the EOGs!
Important Information for the Week
- We are at the point of focusing on review for the EOG. This review can become very tedious and boring for students. We want to spice it up with the incentive of ticket drawings at the end of the week. We hope to give Ring Pops each Friday through drawings, and one big $5 item drawing. We would really appreciate donations of Ring Pops and a few $5 items to be able to give to students. Please email Ms. Johnson at email@example.com if you would be able to donate those items to reward over the next 3 weeks. Thanks so much!
- We are still in need of proctors for the upcoming EOGs. If you would be able to donate your time on Wednesday, May 27th and/or Thursday, May 28th, please email Ms. Johnson, Mrs. Barkley, or Mrs. McGrath at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We have reached a very crucial time of the school year. Please encourage your student to be as on task and engaged as they can be at this time to be as prepared as they can be during the EOGs! Also, please make sure students are on time and present as much as possible.
- Student led conferences have been a tremendous success. Thank you to all parents who have come to support their students throughout this time and through all of the school year!
- Computer Health Checks may or may not be coming up soon... Please be prepared that if your student's computer is found with any inappropriate files, pictures, videos, or songs, you will be receiving a letter that your student will be a day user for 3-5 school days based on their previous computer behavior.
- Finally, please know that homework is still coming home in both reading and math classes. In Reading, students are expected to complete the homework packet given on Mondays by Friday. There is a grade given on the packet. Also on Mondays, there is an EOG vocabulary review packet passed out. There will be time given in class each week to work on it, but whatever is not completed in class is expected to be completed at home by Friday. This packet will be taken for a grade also. There will also be a quiz given on these vocabulary words each Friday. This will happen until the week of the EOG.
Upcoming Dates to Remember
- Wednesday, May 6th:
- Interim Reports Come Home
- Tuesday, May 12th-Thursday, May 14th:
- EOG Review Camp during School
- Wednesday, May 13th:
- Early Release Day
- Thursday, May 14th:
- 4th Grade Talent Show Auditions at 3:00pm
- Monday, May 25th:
- Memorial Day- No School
- Wednesday, May 27th:
- Reading EOG
- Thursday, May 28th:
- Math EOG
- Thursday, June 4th:
- 4th Grade Field Day
- Monday, June 8th:
- Laptop Collection
- Tuesday, June 9th:
- 4th Grade Award Day at 9am
- Wednesday, June 10th:
- Last Day of School! (Release at 11:00am)