Haslet Elementary News to Know
First Day of School on Tuesday, August 20th
Melissa Webber, Principal
Emily Mitchell, Assistant Principal
Arrival and Dismissal
All students being dropped-off by parents will use the front entrance.
Please make sure you pull as far forward as possible in the drop-off zone so that four cars will fit into the zone at once.
Please do not let your child out of the car until your car is in the drop off zone and an adult is on duty at 7:15am.
Students will exit cars directly onto the sidewalk from the passenger side of the vehicle.
Students begin entering the building at 7:15 am.
Morning drop off will be limited to the lane closest to the sidewalk. (4 cars at a time unload)
If you plan to walk your child into the building, please park at the front of the building and enter the office through the front doors. All visitors must provide their driver’s license to be scanned and receive a visitor badge prior to entering the building.
ALL PARENTS PICKING UP CHILDREN BY CAR MUST DISPLAY THE PICK-UP TAGS THAT HAVE BEEN PROVIDED. IF YOU NEED AN ADDITIONAL TAG, PLEASE REQUEST ONE IN THE OFFICE.
If a pick-up tag is not displayed, you will be asked to park and enter the front of the building to have your identification verified and a car tag issued prior to releasing your child(ren).
Teachers will load your child(ren) into your vehicle. 8 cars will be loaded at one time. Please pay close attention to the directives given by the staff member at the front of the line. As children are loaded into your car, they will alert you when it is safe to advance.
Students may not be checked out of the office for early release after 2:30pm.
Pre-K, Kindergarten & First Grade Pickup:
Pre-K, Kindergarten & 1st grade car riders are dismissed from the south end of the building, unless they have an older sibling (brother/sister) at Haslet that is currently in 2nd - 5th grades.
Bus students are dismissed first through the south end of the building. Please line-up behind the buses (do not pass) in a single file until the buses are all in line, then form two car lines behind the buses. You will pull forward as directed by a staff member once buses have left the driveway.
2nd - 5th Grades and Younger Siblings Pickup:
2nd - 5th grade students and younger siblings are dismissed at the front entrance.
Please form two lines for pick-up and pay close attention to the staff member directing traffic. As children are loaded into your cars, they will alert you when it is safe to advance.
Northwest ISD and Reliant, the district’s new transportation service provider, have released their bus routes for the 2019-2020 school year, which can now be seen online. HERE
Information about the routes was sent in a personalized email to families that registered for busing during the enrollment process. Please plan alternate transportation until you have received an email from Reliant regarding your child's route assignment.
Families with questions about the district’s bus routes can call Reliant at 817-698-1287 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday to Friday, excluding district holidays.
To track buses, families can download the SafeStop app from the App Store on iPhones or the Google Play Store on Android smartphones. Information about a student must be inputted to view his or her route on the app.
If your child is absent, please:
- Report the absence to the Haslet front office by 9am by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Send a note with your student when they return to school OR email email@example.com. Absent notes/emails should include the following information:
- Student’s First and Last Name
- Date(s) of Absence(s)
- Reason for Absence
- Signature of Parent or Doctor’s Office
Written documentation in the form of a parent or doctor note must be received in order for the absence to be excused.
- 9:30am is the “snapshot” time for taking attendance.
- Written notes may be sent to school in your student’s communication folder and the teacher will send them to the office. Please allow 24 – 48 hours for absent notes to be posted in the system.
- If you get a doctor’s note that does not cover the entire time your student is out, you will need to write a parent note to excuse the additional days.
- Absences may be excused for illness, doctor appointments, funerals, and religious holy days. For more information on Northwest ISD Attendance Guidelines, please refer to the Attendance section on pages 24 – 26 of the Student Handbook and Code of Conduct http://www.nisdtx.org/studenthandbook
- Your student will receive a tardy any time they arrive late OR leave early. There is no “leave early” code in our system, so the tardy code is used for both arriving late and leaving early. The state of Texas defines a tardy as any partial day.
- All tardies are coded as unexcused. If a student has a doctor’s note for coming in late or leaving early, the tardy will be changed to “Medical Present”.
- Students are expected to be in the classroom and prepared for instruction when the tardy bell rings at 7:40am.
Viewing Attendance Records
Attendance records may be viewed online through the Home Access Center. If you do not have a user name and password to access the HAC, please call the front office. Below is an explanation of the attendance codes that appear on your student’s attendance record:
- Unexcused Absence (A) – student was not present on campus at our 9:30am snapshot time.
- Excused Absence (EXA) – student was not present on campus at our 9:30am snapshot time AND written documentation from a parent was received
- Medical Absence (MA) – student was absent for the entire school day AND brought back a note from a doctor
- Medical Present (MP) – student was present for a partial day AND brought back a note from a doctor for the part of the day that they were out.
- Unexcused Tardy (T) – student was present on campus at our 9:30am snapshot time, but either arrived late or left early without a doctor’s note.
Excellent Attendance is critical to your student’s success. Thank you for your support!