CFES Trail Guide for Parents
Blazing the trail to excellence
Week of September 28th
Dear CFES Families,
It is hard to believe that we are quickly approaching October. It has been wonderful to spend the last three weeks getting to observe happy students and staff engaged in teaching and learning in both CFES Campsites.
TISD began sending out communication yesterday for any parent that wishes to change your child's learning environment for the next quarter. If you are wishing to or considering changing your child's learning environment (meaning switching from TVS to Face to Face or Face to Face to TVS) please make certain you are reading through the district communications and completing all steps within the timelines. The window for you to complete the request to change opens this Friday, October 2nd and closes Sunday, October 11th. There will be no changes allowed after October 11th. The second quarter is from October 26th- December 18th.
I am so excited to kick off our first Creekside Forest Cares for the 2020 school year this week. Please take a moment to view the information below under Creekside Forest Cares to learn about ways you and your children can support serving our community with our hands and hearts. This will be one of our many opportunities for our Face to Face and Virtual Students to work together on a project.
Despite all of the changes, unknowns and uncertainties in our world, CFES continues to excel in every way!
Please reach out if there is anything we can do to assist you along the way.
Have a great week and please continue to take care of yourself and each other.
CFES Camp Director
Reminder to all students
Notes from Nurse Jennifer
Welcome back Cougars! Just a few reminders as we come back into school!
- Make sure your student has a change of clothes in their backpack.
- All medications need to brought to the Clinic by a Parent/Guardian. All prescription medications should have signed MD note with them.
- Please email Nurse Jennifer with illness absent information at email@example.com
- Covid Information
- Screening Updates - We will begin screening students in K, 1st and 3rd grades for State Mandated Health Screenings (Hearing, Vision, Height and Weight) in the next week and October. You will be notified if your student did not pass and will be referred to speak with your doctor regarding the next steps to help your student. Please make sure if your student wears glasses that they are wearing them every day.
- Health Promotion Tip: Don’t forget your flu shot!
- I recommend our younger students have a change of clothes in their backpack.
I know things are different right now, but it’s going to be a great year. Please reach out to me if you have any questions or concerns.
Thank you and take care,
We’ll be BLAZING THE TRAIL TO EXCELLENCE on October 8!
Chalk YOUR Trail on October 7! Stop by the biker/walker exit after school to pick up chalk, or provide your own. Chalk your driveway, your path to school, or around your neighborhood. Let’s make our whole neighborhood feel the CFES love!
Whether you’re learning virtually or Face to Face, take a walk or ride your bike either around your neighborhood or to school! Try to spot other CFES friends and their chalk art. Park at Rob Fleming Park and walk in if you are short on time. Track your miles walked or biked and send them to Melissa Prince at firstname.lastname@example.org to see if we can walk 500 miles in one day as a school!
Go over pedestrian and bike safety before your walk/bike ride and practice safety rules as you go. You can even print out signs to bring along, or do a scavenger hunt on your way. Click HERE for safety graphics, signs, and some fun resources. Then come take your photo at a photo booth at the school, enjoy the benefits of walking or biking, and have an EXCELLENT day!
Procedure Reminders for Face To Face Families
- If your child needs to have an early dismissal or leave school during the school day, you will need to park and come in to sign them out. Please remember everyone entering our building is required to wear a mask. It is always helpful if you send a note that morning so the teacher is aware.
- If your child is tardy (meaning they are not in their classroom prior to the 8:40 am bell) we kindly ask that you park and walk your child to the front door. Please ring the bell and let Mrs. Jenkins know that your child is tardy and you are dropping them off. Your child will get a tardy slip from the front office first and then report to class.
I know with all of the new safety guidelines for visitors on campus, there were some questions so please let us know if you need assistance.
New Elementary School Hours
Face to Face students please make sure you make every effort to arrive on campus by 8:30 daily as we begin Call to Greatness in classrooms at 8:30.
- Become a member of PTO
- Sign up for a birthday marquee announcement (starts Sept 9th at 9am)
- Last chance to purchase 2019/2020 Yearbooks
The PTO offers a range of promotional opportunities to local businesses through Community Sponsorship. If you own a business and would like to gain exposure to the CFES community while supporting our school, there are a variety of sponsorship opportunities throughout the year. For more information, contact Shelley Brownrigg at email@example.com. Thank you!
Map with arrival and dismissal locations CFES Arrival and Dismissal Map
- Student morning arrival: All students arriving by car should remain in their vehicle and pull up in the car rider drop off zones. Once the 8:10 bell rings, staff will be out to welcome you inside and help students. For safety and health reasons, only CFES students may exit their vehicle.
- Face to Face Health and Safety Guideline Remember that TISD Elementary Guidelines include no dropping off items for students once they have arrived at school and no birthday treats/items can be sent.
- CFES families, TISD has put safety precautions into place for a smooth transition for bus riders for our F2F students. Below is the link with parent suggestions as well as TISD bus driver safety precautions. For further questions, please contact Transportation at 281-357-3193. Important information for all families utilizing TISD bus services
Nurse Jennifer is accepting medications by appointment only due to our district’s current safety measures. Any prescription or over the counter medication will need to be dropped off. Please contact Nurse Jennifer by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment for medication drop off. Please remember that all prescription medication must have a signed order from a physician to be administered at school. You can provide a MD signed action plan or they can sign the medication permission form. Links are included below for your convenience.
7 Chalk the Walk
8 Walk to School Day
13 General PTO meeting
14 Picture Day for Face to Face students
16 TISD Patriotic Show (Kyle Field in College Station)
19 Spirit Night at Craft Grill (all day) - Be sure to tell them you are with CFES and ask them to turn in your receipt so that CFES will get credit.