Sherman Middle School
March 21- March 25
March 21 & 22: NO SCHOOL!
Tues., March 22nd - 5:00 p.m. Next 8th Grade Farewell Dance Planning Meeting @ Piner library.
Wed., March 23rd - 3:00 p.m. TRACK Meet - DUAL meet against Piner Middle School @ SHS
Fri., March 25th - 6:00 p.m. Guest Speaker for Parents
Sat., March 26th - 8:00-12:00 SISD Job Fair @ SHS
Up & Coming Events:
Fri., April 1st: SYMPHONIC & HONORS BAND UIL @ Anna High School
5:30-7:30 p.m. Spring Fling Social - PTA sponsored casual dance/social SMS Gym
Check your child's Daily Attendance
To monitor your child’s daily attendance, parents may do the following:
DRESS CODE REMINDERS
Students and parents may determine a student’s personal dress and grooming standards, provided that they comply with the following:
- "Sagging pants" are not allowed. Jeans, slacks, shorts and all other pants must be worn at or about the waist at all times. Even if a shirt is extremely long, the pants must be worn at the waist. Undergarments should not be visible at any time.
- Inappropriate exercise clothing will not be allowed without an appropriate covering garment.
- Pants and other articles of clothing that are torn, ragged, frayed or pants with holes are not permitted without appropriate covering underneath like leggings.
- Sunglasses, caps, hats, bandanas, and other headwear are not to be brought into the building without campus administration approval.
- Hairstyles or unnatural hair colors that, in the judgment of the school administrator, cause a disruption of the educational environment are not allowed.
- Clothing should be worn for the purpose for which it was designed. No undergarments or pajamas are to be worn as outerwear.
- Shoes must be worn at all times; house shoes are not permitted. Tennis shoes must be worn in physical education classes. Shoes with wheels are not allowed.
- Earrings are permissible. All other visible body-piercing jewelry or ornaments that distracts from the instructional environment are prohibited.
- Shirts with sleeves covering edge of shoulders is recommended to be worn at all times.
- Sleeveless tops need to cover the shoulders. The shirt sleeves must be wide enough to cover undergarments.
- Shorts, dresses, skirts, skorts, etc. that extend to or below the students’ mid-thigh are acceptable. This also applies when worn with leggings.
- Shirt hems should extend well below the waist of pants/shorts/skirts in a sitting or standing position.
- See-through, bare midriff, halter type, shoulder-baring, spaghetti strap blouses or any revealing or low-cut clothing is not permitted.
- Tights, leggings, jeggings, and other form-fitting pants must be worn with shirts, skirts, skorts, or shorts that extend to mid-thigh or lower.
- Reasonable standards of modesty must be met
Become a SMS Bearcat Builder!
Here are some ways you can be a part of what SMS is doing to become a "Bearcat Builder":
- Greeting at the door during arrival (High-fives & good mornings)
- Hallway greeters
- Building Projects
- Attend events
- Classroom connections: share careers, talents, etc..
- Supplies & material prep
- Donations & Support
and much more! Become a SMS HERO! Become a Bearcat Builder!
VOLUNTEERS! We want YOU!
Sherman ISD requires background checks for volunteers and other purposes. If you plan to volunteer or have been instructed to submit a background check, please review the following:
- Completion of this form is required once each year.
- Background checks are cleared at the end of the school year by the last week of June.
- New background checks can be submitted for a new school year starting in July.
- Use your legal name as it appears on your driver's license or other official ID.
- This form requires either a Social Security Number or Visa Number in order to complete the application.
- Background results may take 3-5 business days to complete.
To volunteer, you must fill out an application every year. Please click here to fill out an application.
We look forward to meeting you!
Who Are We? Bearcats!
Please follow SMS on Facebook!