We are Warriors!
- February 5 - Homework Help Club 2:30 pm
- February 5 - Girls Bball vs Wilmington, Boys Bball @ Wilmington
- February 7 - Girls Bball vs New Richmond, Boys Bball @ New Richmond
- February 8 - Maker Space Club 2:30 pm
- February 8 - PTO Mtg 6:30 pm @ GMS Library
- February 9 - Gamers Club 2:30 pm
- February 9 - Interims Home
- February 10 - Girls Bball tournament @ GMS
- February 12 - Homework Help Club 2:30 pm
- February 12 - Managing Stress for Parents Part 3 5:45 pm @ GMS
- February 12 - Board Meeting 7 pm @ GHS Community Room
- February 14 - Bike Club 2:30 pm
- February 15 - Maker Space Club 2:30 pm
- February 15 - Parent/Teacher Conferences 2:30-6:00 pm @ GMS
- February 15 - 8th Grade Scheduling Night 5:30-7 pm @ GHS
- February 16 - No School
- February 19 - No School - President's Day
- February 20 - Parent/Teacher Conferences 2:30-6:00 pm @ GMS
- February 21 - Bike Club 2:30 pm
- February 22 - Maker Space Club 2:30 pm
- February 22 - Winter Sports Banquet 6pm @ GMS
- February 23 - Student of the Month Breakfast @ GMS
- February 23 - Spring Pictures @ GMS
- February 23 - Gamers Club 2:30 pm
- February 26 - Homework Help Club 2:30 pm
- February 28 - Bike Club 2:30 pm
- March 1 - Maker Space Club 2:30 pm
- March 2 - Gamers Club 2:30 pm
8th Grade Career Day
Goshen Middle School eighth-grade students participated in a career day presentation on February 1, 2018. Prior to the event, students had taken a career interest survey that provided them with possible career fields to explore. Goshen Middle School staff members, along with Mark Edwards, Director of Career and College Readiness, worked together to coordinate representatives from the various fields of interest. Students were provided information about training and/or education needed for various positions as well as potential jobs that may be related to the various career fields. Clermont County as well as Goshen community representatives who worked with students were from the following organizations: Total Quality Logistics, Goshen High School, Goshen Grind, Park National Bank, NKU, Goshen Police Department, Goshen Fire Department, Tufts Schildmeyer Family Funeral Home, Siemans, HR Logistics and others. This informative event provided extra support to the students as they attended their transition night the same evening. Goshen High School administrators, counselors, teachers and students worked with Goshen Middle School staff members to make the evening a success for all eighth grade students and parents.
8th Grade Scheduling Night
On Thursday, February 15th, eighth grade students are invited to GHS to schedule their classes for next year. The scheduling process will take place at the high school from 5:30-7:00 p.m. Look for information in the form of an email from your student's 8th grade teachers regarding time to arrive at the high school. Guidance counselors and teachers will be on hand to answer any questions you may have. Be sure to bring the completed blue scheduling form your student received at transition night with you so that the process goes smoothly and takes only 10-20 minutes. If you have any questions please contact our office at 513-722-2226 and we can answer any questions you may have.
Month of Love
Every year GMS students and staff take time in February to show others we care. During the month, students participate in a pop-tab contest for donation to the Ronald McDonald house, collect Pennies for Patients for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society and are encouraged to perform random acts of kindness for others. Please take some time this month to ask your student which activities have sparked an awareness of those less fortunate and how they have responded to it.
- 7th grade team heads into the last week of the regular season with a record of 7-6 taking on Wilmington tonight.
- 8th grade team heads into the last week of the regular season with a record of 8-5 taking on Wilmington tonight.
- SBAAC Tournament starts Monday, Feb. 12th at Mt. Orab
- 7th grade team heads into the last week of the regular season with a record of 8-5 taking on Wilmington tonight.
- 8th grade team heads into the last week of the regular season with a record of 12-1 taking on Wilmington tonight.
- SBAAC Tournament starts Saturday, Feb. 10th at GMS
- Congratulations to Connor Hellenthal for placing 3rd in the SBAAC tournament this weekend!
- Thanks to our winter cheerleaders for helping our boys teams keep a record above 500 so far this season!
7th Graders Visit NKU
Mr. Emerine and his 7th grade Creating Apps students traveled to NKU last month to learn about their digital media arts programs! Pictured below are students experiencing the virtual reality lab.