Miss Melanie's February Newsletter
We love our Sunshine families!
SPIRIT DAY/TUITION DUE: Feb. 2-3
VALENTINE'S PARTIES IN CLASS: Feb. 12-13
- Please let your kiddo bring in 12 valentines to pass out to their friends. (11 valentines for their friends, and 1 for them.) To help the giving go more smoothly, please don’t write any friends' names on the valentines, but instead, write “From (your child).”
NO SCHOOL: Feb. 16 (President's Day)
NO PRESCHOOL: Feb. 19-20 (Parent Teacher Conferences)
- SIGN UP HERE
- Our Spring Conference is optional to attend. So if you have questions about how your child has progressed from fall to winter, or if you have any other questions at all, please sign up above for a time that works best for you. All conferences will be held during class time; thus, there will be no preschool those days.
- KINDERGARTEN INFO NIGHT: Mar. 10 from 7-8 p.m. at the Schoolhouse
Just for Pre-K students' families. When your child is in Pre-K, you can come too. :-)
- REGISTRATION OPEN FOR Summer Camp/Fall Preschool/Kindergarten: Mar. 9-20
Registration packets will be handed out Mar. 9-10 and are due back by Mar. 20 to guarantee your child's spot. (Public can register April 1.) Please budget for registration fees: $20 for summer camp, $50 for preschool, or $100 for Kindergarten.
- NO SCHOOL: Mar. 23-27 (Spring Break)
SCHOLASTIC BOOK ORDERING DEADLINE: SUNDAY, Feb. 8
This book is just $1! Every time you place an order, your classroom gets a FREE book - thanks!
February : The month of Love!
I hope that everyone had a great time on our field trip. It was really fun and I can’t wait to go again.
Even though February is the shortest month of the year we have much going on! It is the
International month of friendship which we will honor with discussions, stories, and
encouragement on how to show love to our friends.
Our Valentine curriculum will feature many art explorations using theme colors and heart shapes to decorate our classroom. Mobiles, valentines, bubble painting, spray art and more!
We have a celebration planned for Valentine’s Day and encourage you to bring valentines for your child to share with their classmates. Please label with only your child’s name. If you want to bring a treat for the party please let me know. Thank you!
Our letters of the month are J,K,L,M and our number is 11. Shape of the month is Heart and the color is Pink.
The themes are Nursery Rhymes, Valentine’s Day, Transportation, and Space. Some of the books that we will be reading are: Chicken Little, Jack and the Beanstock, The Three Bears, Special delivery, The Night Before Valentine's Day, Tough Trucks, 1,2,3 Va-Va-Voom, and All About Our Solar System.
And the songs/finger plays are: Go Jack go!, Oh Valentine, Mighty Diggers, Our Solar System.
Looking forward to a fun February!