First Grade News
4/4 - 4/8
4/11 - 4/15 Spring Book Fair
Spelling List - Test on Friday
Optional Challenge Words
Plano Enrichment (PEP) Summer School
· PEP Summer Classes held June 8 – June 30th, Monday-Fridays from 8:30-12:30 p.m.
· Transportation is provided from Wells to the PEP campus (Skaggs) and back to Wells after 12:30
· Financial Assistance for students who qualify for the free/reduced meals program this year
· Lots of fun enrichment class opportunities and "building block" courses to reinforce grade level skills.
· (If your child has been recommended for another summer program, schedule and locations may be different than the PEP courses above.)
· SUMMER SCHOOL ENROLLMENT DEADLINE: May 13th for all programs.
Please request a packet from your child’s teacher or go online: www.pisd.edu/summerschool
Contact: email@example.com with questions about the programs/registration.
Online registration is only available for current PISD students. When you register online, you may select one or two classes. They must be selected at the same time you are enrolling. If you register for one class online and decide later to add another class, you must contact the summer school office at (469) 752-8017 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Go to PISD Parent Portal (http://pisd.edu/). Select my PISD Parent Portal and login.
2. Go to Summer School
3. Choose Summer School Registration
- I can blend words with ou and ow.
- I can summarize the sequence of events in a story.
- I can describe how Alexander Graham Bell's inventions changed how people lived.
- I can use objects to act out problems.
- I can measure with non-standard units.
- I can show what I know about time and measurement.
- I can observe and record life cycles of animals.