Monday, January 18th - Friday, January 22nd, 2016
Week at Glance
- School is closed in observance of Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
Tuesday, January 19th, 2016
- 8:30AM-9:30M: School Tour for Prospective Families
- 10:30AM-11:15AM: "Play As a Vehicle for Learning" PLC meets in the Meeting Room
- Oak Literacy Assessment Day #1
- 4:30PM-6:00PM: Interviews for open positions for the 2016-2017 school year in the Co-Directors' Office
Wednesday, January 20th, 2016
- Visitor: Perri Lawrie (Teacher interested in our school)
- 8:20AM-9:00AM: Community Gathering in the Gym
- 1:15PM-5:45PM: Weekly Professional Development and Planning (See Schedule below)
Thursday, January 21st, 2016
- 11:15AM-12:15PM: Kindergarten CST
- Pine and Elm Field Trip to New Victory Theater to see The Velveteen Rabbit
- Beech Field Trip to MOMA to see Picasso Sculpture Exhibit
- Oak Literacy Assessment Day #2
Friday, January 22nd, 2016
- Maple to "The Secret World Inside You" Exhibit at American Museum of Natural History
- Oak to MOMA to see Picasso Sculpture Exhibit
- Pine (half class) field trip to American Museum of Natural History
- Pine Assessment Day #2
This Week's Events
Interested in the Hiring Process for next year?
We posted the following positions for next year to our website, Idealist, and other job boards:
- Classroom Co-Teacher
- Special Education Co-Teacher
- Elementary Visual Arts Teacher
- We also posted a parental leave position to cover for Anna and are prioritizing hiring for this position.
Our first interviews are on TUESDAY, 1/19 and we invite you to be a part of the interview process. We are trying to streamline our interview times to Tuesdays after school and during recess and lunch time. We're hoping this helps to make the interview times more accessible to all of you. If you would like to sit in on any of the upcoming phone interviews, please use the link below to sign up (just type your name in the box next to staff person 1 or 2). If the interview is during your recess/snack time, we will work on getting coverage so your class can still go outside.
Link to sign up for sitting in on interviews: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rytoFWi9QFdeOZ87ZPEShnGTHD0HYHtMHTBW-ZfQFGY/edit
Also, please share our employment page with your networks and let us know if you have ideas for other places we could post our positions for next year.
Book Shopping Schedule
Thursday Meetings with the Learning Supports Team
Professional Development/Planning Schedule for Wednesday
1:15-1:30 All Staff Check In in the Meeting Room
- Please bring one artifact to share that represents something that's going well in your classroom right now.
1:30-2:50 Professional Development Session in the Meeting Room
- Looking Closely at the Danielson Framework
3:00-5:15: Grade Level Planning
- Please update your planning agenda by Tuesday afternoon in order for Brooke, Michelle, and Kirsten to plan ahead for meetings.