What is it and How you can maintain it
What is Digital Footprint
This is information transmitted online, such as g-mail, and attachments.All of these activities leave traces of personal information available for others online.
The Foot and You
This photo shows all the recent trails that you or someone else may have left.
Don't over use digital footprint because it can hurt you or someone can take that information.
Is what you search Important
Choose wisely what you access because it can tell people who you are.
Maintaining Your Digital Footprint
WATCH THIS FUN INFORMATIONAL VIDEO TO LEARN MORE.
Pros and Cons
There are many good reasons to have a solid online presence that includes your website, social media, blogs, and local listings. Benefits of having a digital imprint or footprint include:
• Ability to establish your brand with new and existing customers
• Establishing yourself and your business as a an “expert” or trusted authority
• Ability to offer convenient and effective incentives such as coupon codes and discounts
• Ability to reach new markets without the expense of launching a traditional campaign
You can have control over your website and even most of your social sites. The problem is that comments and reviews aren’t always an accurate reflection of your business. Some of the cons of a digital footprint include:
• Reviews based on a negative experience without the full details being given
• Negative reviews posted by a competitor posing as a disgruntled customer
• Review sites that refuse to remove negative reviews (some are more reasonable than others)
• Blogs and other sites that mention your business in an unflattering way