by Erin Oldham
- the Ethernet cable is input device
- the Ethernet cable is not a peripheral device meaning
- prices range from $2.71-$25.99 at Walmart
- An Ethernet cable is a popular type of network cable used for high-speed connections between two devices such as computers and routers on IP networks.used to connect computing devices together directly that would normally be connected via a network switch, hub or router, such as directly connecting two personal computers via their network adapters.
- it is plugged into the back of the computer case from the ethernet jack
- they are used at schools or businesses or on any computer that is supposed to be logged into
- wireless USB Stick , WiFi , coaxial wires and wireless ethernet bridge are alternatives to ethernet cords
- Bob Metcalfe invented Ethernet in 1973
- Minimizing the length of cable pair untwist helps to maintain the proper electrical transmission. Care should be taken to minimize cable jacket disturbance and/or removal whenever possible.
- an ethernets lifespan is about 10 years